Windows 10: How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...

Discus and support How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Almost every time Microsoft updates my computer, I have to restore my previous favorite settings. If this continues I will stop using windows and go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Debra Blake, May 19, 2023.

1. How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...

Almost every time Microsoft updates my computer, I have to restore my previous favorite settings. If this continues I will stop using windows and go to Apple. I want important, needed updates. I don't want Microsoft meddling with my favorite/default settings. Stop hijacking my computer! How do I get just the updates to Windows 11 without allowing changes to my settings?

:)

Debra Blake, May 19, 2023

2. IE 11 Cannot Import from Edge

Hi Nicholas,

As a workaround, we suggest you to export favorites from Microsoft Edge into a .html file and afterwards, import the .html file to Internet Explorer 11.

Here are the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three horizontal dots on the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Edge window, and then click on
      Settings.
    • Under Favorites, click on the View favorites settings.
    • Under Import or export a file, click on Export to file.
    • Select the folder where you want to save the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, and then
      Save.

Once you have the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, follow the steps below on how to import them to Internet Explorer 11.

• Open Internet Explorer 11.
    • On the menu bar, click on File, and then click on Import and export.
    • In the Import/Export Settings window, select Import from a file, and then click on
      Next.
    • In the next window, click on the checkbox for Favorites, and then click
      Next.
    • Browse and open the .html file you want to import, and then click Next.
    • Select Favorites to import to, and then click Import.
    • Once done, click on Finish.

Hope this helps.

Patricia Yu, May 19, 2023
  3. Microsoft Windows Updates

Microsoft has released several updates for Windows Vista, as well as an update for Windows Media Player 11 in both XP and Vista. Download them bellow or through Windows Update.

Download

HellasVagabond, May 19, 2023
  4. trparky Win User

How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, May 19, 2023
Thema:

How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...

1. How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my... - Similar Threads - allow important updates

2. How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...: Almost every time Microsoft updates my computer, I have to restore my previous favorite settings. If this continues I will stop using windows and go to Apple. I want important, needed updates. I don't want Microsoft meddling with my favorite/default settings. Stop hijacking...
  3. How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I allow important updates to Windows 11 and prevent Microsoft from changing my...: Almost every time Microsoft updates my computer, I have to restore my previous favorite settings. If this continues I will stop using windows and go to Apple. I want important, needed updates. I don't want Microsoft meddling with my favorite/default settings. Stop hijacking...
  4. How do I change import settings on photos in windows 10 or 11?

How do I change import settings on photos in windows 10 or 11?: When I hook up my phone via usb, the computer wants to upload every last image, from emojis in texts to images in emails that are part of someone's work logo.I just want to upload photos from my phone. How do I do that?Also, the PhoneLink app does not upload videos that I've...
  5. How do I change import settings on photos in windows 10 or 11?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change import settings on photos in windows 10 or 11?: When I hook up my phone via usb, the computer wants to upload every last image, from emojis in texts to images in emails that are part of someone's work logo.I just want to upload photos from my phone. How do I do that?Also, the PhoneLink app does not upload videos that I've...
  6. How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?: I want to be able to shut down and restart my computer and not have to install windows 11. Is there any way to do that without causing issues with my device?...
  7. How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?: I want to be able to shut down and restart my computer and not have to install windows 11. Is there any way to do that without causing issues with my device?...
  8. How do I prevent my machine from ever updating to windows 11?

9. [Help] How do I prevent a software update from changing a registry key ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] How do I prevent a software update from changing a registry key ?: Hey folks, I was wondering how to prevent Windows/a software update from changing specific registry keys, namely ones that handle the location of file type icons. I've recently discovered FileTypesMan, a piece of software that makes it pretty convenient to change the...
  10. How do I prevent the windows account from changing the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent the windows account from changing the desktop?: I've got Windows 10 Pro going on two machines now, my desktop PC and my laptop. I use my windows account to login to each of them. I have different desktop pictures on each of my machines and that is how I want it, I want each machine to be using a different image. About once...