Windows 10: How do I allow my child to download and use random exe files?

Discus and support How do I allow my child to download and use random exe files? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just want Microsoft family to have time restrictions, and he is free to download any game from the Internet. However, every time he wants to try out... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Norman Strathclyde, Feb 2, 2019.

1. How do I allow my child to download and use random exe files?

I just want Microsoft family to have time restrictions, and he is free to download any game from the Internet. However, every time he wants to try out a game, it is a hassle to type in my password.

:)

Norman Strathclyde, Feb 2, 2019

2. Exe file

New PC

Windows 10

Trying to download Chrome browser (exe file)

when trying to open, prompts open with and list programs to open with

will not allow exe file.

LuisValentin1, Feb 2, 2019
  3. da_pimp Win User
    how can I prevent child account in windows 10 to download exe file and install from exe file?

Microsoft, you need to reply to this latest request. It is a security and safety vulnerability to allow child accounts to allow any .exe, .bat, .iso, etc. file and this needs to be addressed by Family Safety ASAP.

da_pimp, Feb 2, 2019
  4. How do I allow my child to download and use random exe files?

Allowing child to download apps on windows phone 8

Set up My Family on the Windows Phone website

My Family on the Windows Phone website is the way to turn on app and game downloads for a child's phone. If the child has a Windows Phone 8, you'll also be
    able to manage their app and game download settings, including game ratings, on the My Family page.

To set up My Family, you'll need to sign in with both the child's and the parent's

Microsoft account
    email address and password. Then you can accept the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use so the child can download apps.

If you want the child to be able to download Xbox games as well, you'll need to go to the
    Xbox website and accept the Xbox Terms of Use on their behalf. This is separate from the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use.

Running into issues? See
    My Family FAQ
    for answers to some common setup questions.

Note

My Family is only available for Windows Phone 8.

To set up My Family so a child can download apps and games

• On your computer, go to My Family on the Windows Phone website.

• Sign in using the parent's Microsoft account email address and password. If
      the parent doesn't have a Windows Phone, that's fine—you can still set up My Family. If the parent doesn't have a Microsoft account, you'll have a chance to create one.

• On the My Family setup page, click Get started.

• To add the child to My Family, click Go. On the sign-in page, enter the child's Microsoft account email address and password. If the child doesn't have a Microsoft account, click Sign up to create one.

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Fix it and follow the instructions to accept the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use. Now the child can download apps from the Windows Phone Store.

• To enable the child to download Xbox games as well, go to Xbox.com, sign in with the child's account, and follow the instructions to accept the Xbox Terms of Use.

Tip

You can also add another parent to My Family so both parents can jointly manage kids' settings. Go to the My Family home page and click
    Add a parent. Parents won't be able to change each other's settings.

To change app download settings for a child
    You can set whether or not a child can download apps and games from the Windows Phone Store and which game ratings you want the child to be able to view and download.

• On your computer, go to windowsphone.com.

• In the drop-down menu under Explore, click My Family.

• Sign in using the
      Microsoft account
      you use to sign in to your phone.

Note

If you're already signed in to windowsphone.com, you'll see your name, not
      Explore, at the top of the drop-down menu, and this sign-in step will be skipped.

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Change settings, and then do any of the following:
      • To allow the child to purchase apps and games, under App+game downloads, select
        Allow free and paid.
      • To allow the child to download only free apps and games, under App+game downloads, select
        Allow free only. This will also prevent the child from making in-app purchases, even from within free apps.
      • To prevent the child from downloading any apps or games, under App+game downloads, select
        Don't allow.
      • To set the most mature game rating you want the child to be able to browse or download, turn on the
        Game rating filter. To go to the Microsoft Family Safety website and change the rating, click
        Change rating.
      • To allow the child to browse and download unrated games, select the check box next to
        Allow unrated games. (Some unrated games might have content you'd rather the child not see.)
      Note

When the Game rating filter is turned off, the game rating settings are hidden. Turn it on to reveal them.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I allow my child to download and use random exe files?

1. How do I allow my child to download and use random exe files? - Similar Threads - allow child download

2. Random exe and vbs file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random exe and vbs file: I recently found 2 vbs and exe files in my users roaming folder and windows defender marked one of them as a trojan so i deleted both of them but now when i start my pc two pop ups come saying they can't can't the windows script file with the path and file name on eof them is...
  3. Random exe and vbs file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random exe and vbs file: I recently found 2 vbs and exe files in my users roaming folder and windows defender marked one of them as a trojan so i deleted both of them but now when i start my pc two pop ups come saying they can't can't the windows script file with the path and file name on eof them is...
  4. Random exe and vbs file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I stop a child account downloading exe and installing it in Windows 10 and Edge

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I stop a child account downloading exe and installing it in Windows 10 and Edge: As the title says, my son has the ability to download and install an exe from Edge even though his account is set as a child account and has content restrictions enabled.I have seen many similar posts on this topic with many solutions suggesting setting up the Family Saftey,...
  6. How do I stop a child account downloading exe and installing it in Windows 10 and Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a child account downloading exe and installing it in Windows 10 and Edge: As the title says, my son has the ability to download and install an exe from Edge even though his account is set as a child account and has content restrictions enabled.I have seen many similar posts on this topic with many solutions suggesting setting up the Family Saftey,...
  7. How do I stop a child account downloading exe and installing it in Windows 10 and Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I stop child from renaming exe file to avoid family safety?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I stop child from renaming exe file to avoid family safety?: My child downloads a file, and we block the file with family safety.Child downloads file from another source a mirror site and renames the file to "abc123.exe" and it runs, since it doesn't need to install itself to Windows. It shows up later in the family safety page, like...
  9. How Do I Get Windows 10 To Allow .bat & .exe Files @ Startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Get Windows 10 To Allow .bat & .exe Files @ Startup?: Sorry, if I posted this in the wrong place! Until recently, Windows 10 would allow a .bat plus a .exe file to run, during startup. This was what I wanted, because the .bat file would start a needed .exe program. Yet, approximately 5 days ago, I had to switch software -...
  10. Downloading an .exe file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading an .exe file: I've tried to download .exe files, but I get a message that this is not a Microsoft-verified file - then it wants me to go to the Microsoft Store, and I don't want to do this, I want to download the .exe file I started. How can I bypass this message? Thank you....