Windows 10: How do I allow voice dictation/recognition to detect PC audio?

Discus and support How do I allow voice dictation/recognition to detect PC audio? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like the "Dictate" tool on Word to detect audio coming from my computer so I can record my Professor during Zoom classes. Is this possible? As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wolf-Larsen16, Mar 23, 2021.

1. How do I allow voice dictation/recognition to detect PC audio?

I would like the "Dictate" tool on Word to detect audio coming from my computer so I can record my Professor during Zoom classes. Is this possible? As of right now, it only detects non-PC audio.

submitted by /u/Wolf-Larsen16
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wolf-Larsen16, Mar 23, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Voice recognition doesn't work (Windows 10)

Try the Voice Recorder app- can you record your voice and play it back?

What happens if you say 'Open Wordpad' using Speech Recognition? Screenshot..

Which exact model of HP 15?

Training: post a screenshot of what you see:

How do I allow voice dictation/recognition to detect PC audio? [​IMG]

- note the step-wise progress of the green bar on mine.

Try Win key + H, and open e.g. Mail
    Enable dictation, and see if you can dictate to Mail.

dalchina, Mar 23, 2021
  3. LJ8000 Win User
    Windows Voice recognition dictation and transcription ?

How do I access Windows Voice recognition dictation and transcription ?

LJ8000, Mar 23, 2021
  4. How do I allow voice dictation/recognition to detect PC audio?

voice dictation to text software

wonderful. I did the voice recognition easily enough thanks to the easy instructions, but now i want to dictate a letter and have no idea how to do it!!!.

So what would be the next step? and thanks, Mike

MikeNorris502, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I allow voice dictation/recognition to detect PC audio?

1. How do I allow voice dictation/recognition to detect PC audio? - Similar Threads - allow voice dictation

2. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  3. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  4. Voice Recognition Stops Recognizing "Correct" Command when Dictating in Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Recognition Stops Recognizing "Correct" Command when Dictating in Word: I am repeatedly having an issue across multiple PCs and microphones when trying to dictate text into Microsfot Word with Windows Voice Recognition.WVR will sometimes stop recognizing the "Correct" command, and instead recognizes it as text to be dictated. When this happens,...
  5. Emoji in voice dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji in voice dictation: Is it possible to type emojis using the Windows dictation tool? If so, how can I possibly do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emoji-in-voice-dictation/4ca53878-5648-4992-a6c6-7d81d96eac19
  6. Emoji in voice dictation

Emoji in voice dictation: Is it possible to type emojis using the Windows dictation tool? If so, how can I possibly do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emoji-in-voice-dictation/4ca53878-5648-4992-a6c6-7d81d96eac19
  7. Do Windows voice recognition and dictation allow mixing two different languages in the speech?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do Windows voice recognition and dictation allow mixing two different languages in the speech?: I am going to try using Windows dictation to write articles. In my writings I often have to mix two different languages. I would like to know if Windows dictation recognizes the second language in the speech and transcribes it correctly. My question does not fall under...
  8. Voice dictation to wORD

Voice dictation to wORD: Trying to use Windows 10 voice recognition software to dictate into Word to create document. Program keeps hanging. When it does work, it lags by 10 to 20 seconds before it types dictation. Have restarted program several times. Suggestions...
  9. Problems with voice dictation.

in Cortana
    Problems with voice dictation.: I have a peoblem with voice dictation. First, let me say that the microphone works fine. The Voice recognition part of the equation seems to work fine. The problem is that the text doesn't make it's way to the target. Here's an example. I position the cursor in a text...
  10. Voice recognition

Voice recognition: I want to use voice-recognition in Spanish, I installED Windows in Spanish, when I go to voice-recognition I can install the microphone and the reading comes in Spanish. However when I go to start voice-recognition, a message appears that the interface and the computer...