Windows 10: how do I allow websites to run on my computer

Discus and support how do I allow websites to run on my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to play on Shockwave and windows 10 is stopping me. How do I allow websites to run?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by betsyblaster, Feb 12, 2020.

1. how do I allow websites to run on my computer

I want to play on Shockwave and windows 10 is stopping me. How do I allow websites to run?

:)

betsyblaster, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 12, 2020
  3. keakar Win User
    ad blocker doesnt run for my website shortcuts

first off, im using IE11, yes I know boo hiss its the devil, its too unsafe, but anyway....

I have adblocker and I cant find any reports on this issue but if I open the browser with the browser link adblock runs and its protected, but lets say I have a desktop shortcut to go to my email or here, well when you use a desktop shortcut to the websites, the browser opens without adblock running. I confirmed this in task manager that it is indeed still off and not a running process. I also noted that adblock is not listed in the services list but im not sure if it should be or not.

so any help or advice on this would be great, I use desktop shortcuts for stuff and this means adblocker isn't running for nearly half of my online activities, maybe more. if it cant run anytime the browser is open then why have it, I see nothing in the way of settings or preferences options except a website block list or allow ads for this site.

keakar, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

how do I allow websites to run on my computer

Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?

Hi Dave,

This is odd. It seems like every website that you visit wants to open an app on your computer. Does it say which particular app?

Before taking your computer back to the store, let's check if a third-party service or startup program is causing this issue by

performing a clean boot
    . This is carried out to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update.

A third-party browser extension on Internet Explorer may also cause this issue. We suggest that you open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
    • Type iexplore.exe -extoff and press Enter.

We also recommend that you use Windows Defender to scan your system for any infections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

how do I allow websites to run on my computer

1. how do I allow websites to run on my computer - Similar Threads - allow websites run

2. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?": How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-do-you-want-to-allow-this-website/81ae0b3b-845e-420d-8ba3-57ebb7784c18
  3. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?": How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-do-you-want-to-allow-this-website/81ae0b3b-845e-420d-8ba3-57ebb7784c18
  4. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?": How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-do-you-want-to-allow-this-website/566a1c56-4356-4d8b-be21-9a9235eef506
  6. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?": How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-do-you-want-to-allow-this-website/566a1c56-4356-4d8b-be21-9a9235eef506
  7. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Allow a Website to run that is being currently blocked by a Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow a Website to run that is being currently blocked by a Firewall: Hi, I was using facebook and I play a lot of games on the website. All of a sudden it decided it was not allowed and may be blocked by a firewall although nothing was changed on my firewall settings. I tried to run a diagnostic's and it said it 'apps.facebook.com' is...
  9. How do I know what's running on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I know what's running on my computer?: Task Manager is a helpful tool to see what Windows is doing. But some apps don't show up there. Or if they do, I'm not looking in the right place. I sometimes receive notifications from apps when I don't find any evidence of them being active. The apps sending these...
  10. how to allow access to a website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to allow access to a website: how to allow browser access to a web site that is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-allow-access-to-a-website/0d49faaf-c5b9-4d7a-87e2-f84f7399e470