Windows 10: How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?

Discus and support How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a program that needs to be run as an administrator to work. Whenever I run it I get the prompt: "Do you want this app from an unknown publisher... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Francis-B, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Francis-B Win User

How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?

I have a program that needs to be run as an administrator to work. Whenever I run it I get the prompt: "Do you want this app from an unknown publisher to be able to make changes to your device?" I use this program regularly and I completely trust it. As I run it often it is very annoying to keep getting asked if I want to allow it to make changes. I always want it to have permission to make changes to my device, and I don't want Windows to ask me first.

I have googled it but all I get is instructions on how to always run it as an administrator. There is nothing about how to disable this prompt asking my permission to run.

How can I get this program to just run without asking me for permission first?

:)

Francis-B, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Command prompt Administrator issue under Win 10

Hello,

Here's the alternative steps to run open the command prompt as administrator.

• Press Windows Logo + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open command prompt as administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Ryan Pag, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Cannot run any file, cmd prompt and others, as administrator

Hello Antenore,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system corruption that caused this. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Do you have another administrator account? If none, have you tried adding another administrator
      account
      ?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you enable the built in administrator account in Windows 10 by following the steps below:

If you still can't access the Command Prompt (Admin) on safe mode, kindly try the steps below to access it on Windows Recovery Environment:

• Hold down the Shift key while clicking the Restart
      option.
    • Your PC will continue to the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Click Troubleshoot. On the Troubleshoot screen, click
      Advanced Options.
    • Click Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes and press
      Enter. You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt? - Similar Threads - always run program

2. How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?: I am trying to run a program, but it won't run if done as administrator. The box under properties is not checked, however, the program still tries to run as admin every time I attempt to open it. I've never had this issue before, how do I stop this from attempting to run as...
  3. How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?: I am trying to run a program, but it won't run if done as administrator. The box under properties is not checked, however, the program still tries to run as admin every time I attempt to open it. I've never had this issue before, how do I stop this from attempting to run as...
  4. How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to always run Command Prompt and PowerShell as Administrator

in Windows 10 News
    How to always run Command Prompt and PowerShell as Administrator: [ATTACH]How often do you need to run the Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator on your Windows 10? For me what happens is, I often forget to right-click and select Run as administrator and I know it only when I get the error in running any command as shown in the...
  6. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  7. How do I force a program to run as admin, on a standard user account, without a prompt,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I force a program to run as admin, on a standard user account, without a prompt,...: Basically I want a program to always run as admin, but I want to do this without triggering the password prompt. I want to avoid using /savecred because as I understand it, this would allow a user to use that power on any program. I need it isolated to the specific programs I...
  8. How to always run a default program in Administrator mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to always run a default program in Administrator mode: I've set a particular program to be the default for a given extension, so that when I double-click a file with that extension it is automatically opened with the program. In addition, though, I'd like that program to always run in Administrator mode. Is there a way of doing...
  9. Starting a program without running it as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Starting a program without running it as administrator: I just installed Photoshop CS6 and whenever I want to open it, it requires administration and I have to click "yes". Is there a way to stop this? The program seems like it's set to always run as administrator since there's a shield icon on it. But the option in the properties...
  10. How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error?: In Windows 8.1 i can easily elevate all program to run as administrator via Local Policy. in Windows 10. when i use that method most of metro apps even setting and control panel screw up because they using metro GUI instead windows GUI. 11533

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im trying to run a program without asking for administrator

2. always run program as administrator without prompt

3. have adobe always run as admin without prompt

4. run program as administrator without prompt