Windows 10: How do I apply a custom cursor shadow?

Discus and support How do I apply a custom cursor shadow? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've only been able to find tutorials on how to turn it on/off, or how to apply custom cursors, which I already have. Is there any way to apply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aerotype, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Aerotype Win User

How do I apply a custom cursor shadow?

I've only been able to find tutorials on how to turn it on/off, or how to apply custom cursors, which I already have.

Is there any way to apply custom cursor shadows? Because in the custom cursor zip that I have there was a custom shadow.

:)

Aerotype, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

White dotted spinners for the Default Windows cursors (working and busy)
    dotted-spinner-white.zip

Previews:

How do I apply a custom cursor shadow? [​IMG]

*jagged edges are due to GIF image compression, the actual cursors are smoother.

How to install:
    Extract/place the cursor files from zip in the cursor folder (usually C:\Windows\Cursors) then got to mouse pointer settings and browse for the installed files after selecting the working and busy states. Apply or even save the new scheme under a new name, to easily switch back between different cursors via the drop-down theme list:

Hopachi, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Enlarged Cursor with new AMD 7790

Fixed it for me...

Hi,

Had exactly the same issue with an enlarged mouse cursor as others have described. Have a Samsung Syncmaster 2494HS connected over HDMI, and an old Dell monitor connected over DVI to the same Asus HD7790 Direct CU II OC. Running Win7 x64.

Updated to the latest 13.11 Beta from here: Download nicht abgeschlossen | AMD

Still had exactly the same large mouse pointer issue. I then went into Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization and into Change Mouse Pointers, and then changed my Scheme to '(None)' and clicked apply. I then selected 'Windows Aero (system scheme)' and clicked Apply. I then clicked on the 'Use Default' button next to 'Enable Pointer Shadow', then turned off the 'Enable Pointer Shadow' and clicked apply. Then I turned on the 'Enable Pointer Shadow' and clicked apply.

At that point my mouse cursor went back to normal size! It's extremely weird that those steps described above fixed it, but they did. I haven't rebooted yet, but will try that next and see if it has permanently fixed the problem. Hopefully it has.

Posting the exact steps I took just in case it helps someone else out.

Cheers

T

tezzatheman, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Enlarged Cursor with new AMD 7790

thanks for that. this problem seems to haunt some people.

Mussels, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I apply a custom cursor shadow? - Similar Threads - apply custom cursor

2. How do I create my own custom cursors for Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I create my own custom cursors for Windows: Can someone give me a step-by-step guide of how to create my own cursors, I want to make my own cursors but I am not aware how do I do it. Can someone help me?...
  3. How to apply a custom screensaver in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to apply a custom screensaver in Windows 10?: I recently got hold of the Bliss Screensaver from Windows XP (through this video) and was wondering how to apply it to my Windows 10 PC? When I extracted the file I found a .avi , .exe and .scr file and from this tutorial, I got to know you have to put the .scr file in...
  4. How do I get rid of this snake-like cursor? [I found out how to customize my cursor and in...

How do I get rid of this snake-like cursor? [I found out how to customize my cursor and in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JayveeZ71 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lq47ql/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_snakelike_cursor_i_found/
  5. How do I keep my custom cursors ?

How do I keep my custom cursors ?: I love my custom cursors, I moved them into the windows/cursors folder but everytime i restart my pc it reverts back and I have to enable it again. am i able to delete all the original cursors? I only want my custom. submitted by /u/edgyhxll [link] [comments]...
  6. How can I apply my own custom startup sound?

How can I apply my own custom startup sound?: The startup sound (originally from 7 and Vista) is nice. But I would like to personalize it with my own startup sound. Any way to achieve this? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  7. Custom Cursor Theme won't stay applied?

Custom Cursor Theme won't stay applied?: Hi all, never used this reddit before but I was hoping someone here could help me. I've slowly started to customize my PC more and more, and recently decided to change my cursors. I made a custom theme for the cursor set and applied it. However, there's one problem. Whenever...
  8. Cursor Customization

Cursor Customization: I downloaded a custom cursor pack and have the folder of these in my download folder. Whenever I restart my laptop, however, the cursor resets to the default options. When I open the cursor dialogue box, it still has my custom cursors and selecting ok puts them back on. Is...
  9. How Do I Disable the Shadow of X in the Window?

How Do I Disable the Shadow of X in the Window?: There is a little of a shadow for X, so how can I disable the shadow of X? [img] 103787
  10. Custom Cursors

Custom Cursors: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Information Thread related to self-made / custom cursors (mouse pointers). Following @Cliff S hint on moving my cursor thread from EightForums. New cursors may follow. Newer cursor...