Windows 10: How do I ask Microsoft for a 48-digit recovery key?

Discus and support How do I ask Microsoft for a 48-digit recovery key? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear All,I recently replaced the hard drive on my laptop. However, Bitlocker has locked the previous hard drive, so I am unable to access it when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by QC Phan, Jun 23, 2022.

1. QC Phan Win User

How do I ask Microsoft for a 48-digit recovery key?

Dear All,I recently replaced the hard drive on my laptop. However, Bitlocker has locked the previous hard drive, so I am unable to access it when I connect to it through USB. I've tried a few different approaches without success to obtain a 48-digit recovery key from Microsoft. I logged in to my Microsoft account for the 48-digit recovery key, but it says there are none there: "You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account." How do I ask Microsoft for a 48-digit recovery key in this situation? I have to get the data and use the old hard drive as a data drive, to

:)

QC Phan, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Sue_828 Win User

48 digit BitLocker Recovery key id

My computer is requesting the 48 digit Bit Locker recovery key, which I have located in my Microsoft account. I have entered the key carefully ensuring that I have entered it correctly and I get a message saying "failed to unlock with this recovery key"

Please advise where I can locate the correct recovery key from?

** Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2016 **

Sue_828, Jun 23, 2022
  3. how to get 48 digit recovery key of bitlocker ?

i don't have recovery key with me .

when i open my partition disk bilocker prompt to enter 48 digit key.

i have never open bitlocker on my system and i don't know how my drives get locked.

neither my microsoft account have it nor i have set bitlocker password.

how to find the recovery key to shortout my problem.

HARSHITPATHAK_315, Jun 23, 2022
  4. DM-OK Win User

BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key (48-numeric digits)

Hi, as I can see my BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how could I make use of this ID to get my BitLocker recovery key (48-numeric digits) as I have not do backup earlier on my MS Account.

Any advice if I could recover my key (48-numeric digits) from using the BitLocker ID ?

DM-OK, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I ask Microsoft for a 48-digit recovery key? - Similar Threads - ask Microsoft digit

2. 48 digit recovery key to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    48 digit recovery key to unlock drive: F21A4034 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/48-digit-recovery-key-to-unlock-drive/7462c078-cfd6-48f1-bd3d-38fd51c7dc11
  3. 48 digit recovery key to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    48 digit recovery key to unlock drive: F21A4034 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/48-digit-recovery-key-to-unlock-drive/7462c078-cfd6-48f1-bd3d-38fd51c7dc11
  4. 48 digit recovery key to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover: I have a dell laptop which came with windows 10 pre-installed.As pc was running slow, i got ssd installed and removed dvd driver.Ssd is now in c drive, which is hosting os. my old harddrive which is still there in the laptop and partition name is changed to d drive.Now my d...
  6. How do I ask Microsoft for a 48-digit recovery key?

How do I ask Microsoft for a 48-digit recovery key?: Dear All,I recently replaced the hard drive on my laptop. However, Bitlocker has locked the previous hard drive, so I am unable to access it when I connect to it through USB. I've tried a few different approaches without success to obtain a 48-digit recovery key from...
  7. BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?: I have many Microsoft accounts, and so I do not remember which account my locked driver D is associated with currently, I'm on an unlocked C driver. If I provide the Bitlocker Key ID for the driver, can you please inform me the Microsoft account email that I can log into to...
  8. BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?

BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?: I have many Microsoft accounts, and so I do not remember which account my locked driver D is associated with currently, I'm on an unlocked C driver. If I provide the Bitlocker Key ID for the driver, can you please inform me the Microsoft account email that I can log into to...
  9. BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. bitlocker recovery key 48 digit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bitlocker recovery key 48 digit: Hello,My company have the bitlocker, and recently I plug in my external hard drive, and it got locked. and I do not know how to get the 48 digit recovery key. I only have identification key that gives me when I try to open external hard drive.Please tell me what can I do,...