Windows 10: How do I Assign an application a Default Monitor

Discus and support How do I Assign an application a Default Monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello gang! I run windows10 with 4 monitors and multiple complex applications. If I power down the monitors the HDMI monitors my applications move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Richard G.Desaulniers, Apr 1, 2021.

1. How do I Assign an application a Default Monitor

Hello gang!

I run windows10 with 4 monitors and multiple complex applications.

If I power down the monitors the HDMI monitors my applications move all over the place to other monitors!

I am looking for a simple way to preassign an application position and monitor so that if a monitor is turned off or windows is sent in sleep mode, the applications will all come back in there preassigned position?

it is very frustrating?

HELP!

Richard VE2DX

:)

Richard G.Desaulniers, Apr 1, 2021
  2. John Sarc Win User

Assign monitor Numbers

Hi,

If you're pertaining to making Acer screen as the monitor 1 and the other is 2, you can just have them interchanged by going following the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop screen > Display settings.
    • Under "Select and rearrange displays", just drag the monitor basing on your choice of number; then, click on "Apply" button after.

If the above given information is not what you're pertaining to, let us know so we would know the next action we can give you.

Update us after doing the steps.

John Sarc, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Apps default to the wrong monitor

Can you alter their onscreen position using WinKey+LeftArrow/RightArrow?
    If so, they will also step across monitors by repeatedly using the same keys.
    If you can get them onto the monitor you want this way, they ought to default to that monitor the next time they are run.

This is how normal Windows applications behave.
    - I don't know anything about Steam things.
    - I don't know what you mean by 'not windowed'.

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Apr 1, 2021
  4. How do I Assign an application a Default Monitor

How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10.

Hello Des,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• On accessing which file type are you getting the above error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting methods performed to resolve the issue?
    • Did you check if the issue persists on assigning a default program/application to open the file type?

A default program is the program that Windows uses when you open a particular type of file, such as a music file, an image, or a webpage. For example, if you have more than one web browser installed on your computer, you can choose one of them to be
    the default browser.

You may be facing the above issue due to unassigned program or application to open that particular file type on the computer. Assigning the default program or application for the file types will help in ease of accessibility on launching the file.

Assign a default program to open the file type from Settings page by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Scroll the page down and click on Choose default apps by file type from the window.
    • Locate the file format from the window, click on the file and choose an application from
      Choose an App window as default file opener.
    • Close the window and check if you are able to open the file type in the set default application.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

How do I Assign an application a Default Monitor

1. How do I Assign an application a Default Monitor - Similar Threads - Assign application Default

2. How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?: PROBLEM: I want to set up multiple monitors with the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the external monitor as monitor 2. Never had a problem like this in Windows 7 or 10.All references to "screen x" refer to the numbers in the LARGE BLACK BOXES IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE.I...
  3. How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?: PROBLEM: I want to set up multiple monitors with the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the external monitor as monitor 2. Never had a problem like this in Windows 7 or 10.All references to "screen x" refer to the numbers in the LARGE BLACK BOXES IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE.I...
  4. How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?: This is the current state, I want the number 2 to be number 1. Let me clarify however:- I am NOT looking to swap positions of monitors/ dragging them around, this is their correct configuration- I am NOT looking to change the main display I simply want the assigned number to...
  5. How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?

How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?: This is the current state, I want the number 2 to be number 1. Let me clarify however:- I am NOT looking to swap positions of monitors/ dragging them around, this is their correct configuration- I am NOT looking to change the main display I simply want the assigned number to...
  6. How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Default Browser assignment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Browser assignment: I use Microsoft Edge, but also Google Chrome and Firefox. I would like the option to assign NO default for my browsers, rather than having one and having to either copy addresses or re-make links in order to open desktop links, perhaps with the "open with" option available...
  8. Assigning default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning default browser: Need help with assigning default programs. Upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64 bit from Win 7 64 bit. My browser of choice is Firefox. When I open Firefox, I am told it is not my default browser. When I try to set it to be default, Settings opens to allow me to make my choice....
  9. How do I revert back to default .sav application

How do I revert back to default .sav application: Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad. Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use...
  10. How do I revert back to default .sav application

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I revert back to default .sav application: Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad. Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use...