Windows 10: How do I associate Office 2000 as default to open Office documents

Discus and support How do I associate Office 2000 as default to open Office documents in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I still use Office 2000 on my machines (judge me!). I have never had a problem installing or using Office 2000 on a prior machine. I successfully... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by asus2016, Jul 19, 2018.

1. asus2016 Win User

How do I associate Office 2000 as default to open Office documents

I still use Office 2000 on my machines (judge me!).

I have never had a problem installing or using Office 2000 on a prior machine.

I successfully installed it, and the Compatibility Pack, on a new Win10 laptop. And I can open (say) Word fine, then open .doc and .docx files okay.

But if I click on a .docx file, my machine will try to launch the installed trial version of Office that's on the machine, rather than what I want, which is Word 2000.

If I try to tweak the default app, below is what I get:

How do I associate Office 2000 as default to open Office documents [​IMG]

That is, I am only given a choice of current Word, or something from the Microsoft store.

How can I force Win10 to open docx files with the correctly-installed version of Word 2000?

:)

asus2016, Jul 19, 2018
  2. AddSub Win User

Open Office

Open Office is nice. Not great, just nice. It is somewhat slower when opening certain types of documents when compared to Office 2003 for example and it requires a bit more resources, RAM-wise. But other than that, I mean, it's free right?

AddSub, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Open Office

I suggest you to run away from that. *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

Just a suggestion. *Roll Eyes How do I associate Office 2000 as default to open Office documents :rolleyes:

Blue-Knight, Jul 19, 2018
  4. fmonte Win User

Please help transferring MS Office Outlook 2003 files to Office 2000

My old machine with all my email and contacts has MS Office 2003 pre-loaded on it. I just got a new machine and loaded Office 2000 on it because that are the disks that I have. I can't afford to buy the new Office so I am wondering if it is possible to transfer from 2003 to 2000? Thank you. Frank

I thought I had it figured out when I found this website but when I go through the steps and bring the folder over to the office 2000 machine, it says wrong format. Does anyone have an easier way?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...319871033.aspx

fmonte, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I associate Office 2000 as default to open Office documents - Similar Threads - associate Office 2000

2. I have Microsoft Office 2000 i

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have Microsoft Office 2000 i: I have Microsoft Office 2000 installed and I am thinking of installing Microsoft Office Professional 2019, will they be comparable and will my files transfer to 2019...
  3. how do I set my files to open in office online by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I set my files to open in office online by default?: I only use word and PowerPoint for school purposes and not very often, so I'm fine with the online version, how do I set my documents open office online by default? submitted by /u/ZenXgaming100 [link] [comments]...
  4. Cannot open Office documents after doing a Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Office documents after doing a Windows update: Hi, having been prompted to do so, I did a Windows update today and now I cannot open any Office programmes or documents. I've spent two hours trying to work it out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365. I looked to try to uninstall the update but was not given the...
  5. Open Office Master document help pls...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Office Master document help pls...?: Hello I have a client who has open office and has created a "Master" document. All the client wants to use is a standard open office document but she cannot as the Master document always opens instead. If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful!!? or if it cant be done...
  6. Office 365 or Open Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 or Open Office?: Hi Guys I am slowly converting from my Chromebook to a new new laptop with W10 on it. As I exchange and support someone who is not too PC savvy, I am wondering if I am better sending him files using Open Office or 365 Office. On this new laptop, I inherited the 12 month...
  7. How can I know the path to an opened document in Office 2016?

How can I know the path to an opened document in Office 2016?: I'm using a Word or Excel document in Windows 10 and don't remember where it's actually saved. How can I know the path? 140577
  8. How do I associate Office 2000 as default to open Office documents

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I associate Office 2000 as default to open Office documents: I still use Office 2000 on my machines (judge me!). I have never had a problem installing or using Office 2000 on a prior machine. I successfully installed it, and the Compatibility Pack, on a new Win10 laptop. And I can open (say) Word fine, then open .doc and .docx files...
  9. PDFs and Office Documents opening with black screen

PDFs and Office Documents opening with black screen: Hi, For the past week and a half any PDFs or office documents that I try to open either from a website or from email do not open. They open up as a black screen, not blank but BLACK. Occasionally one will open. Around October 12 there was a Windows 10 update pushed out...
  10. Saving office documents

Saving office documents: I have just created a new word document. When I try to do a "file", "save as" it tells me I don't have permission to save in that location and to contact the administrator to obtain permission. I am the administrator as mine is the only name in the users. Has anyone else come...