Windows 10: How do I automatically run a batch file when a device is connected? (not autorun usb)

Discus and support How do I automatically run a batch file when a device is connected? (not autorun usb) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently discovered scrcpy on android. For those that don't know its a great way to remotely control your android phone on pc. Latency is really low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/starlordofthegalaxy, Jun 15, 2020.

1. How do I automatically run a batch file when a device is connected? (not autorun usb)

I recently discovered scrcpy on android. For those that don't know its a great way to remotely control your android phone on pc. Latency is really low and framerate is smooth. I'm looking for a seamless and automatic way of running scrcpy command as soon as I connect my phone. Any help would do, even if just pointing me to the right direction. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/starlordofthegalaxy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/starlordofthegalaxy, Jun 15, 2020
  2. robal Win User

USB Autorun

Hi,

Try pointing autorun to batch file, containing the line:

java -jar myjava.jar

robal, Jun 15, 2020
  3. lx07 Win User
    autorun batch file usb

autorun.inf has been disabled on usb stick since at least Windows 7 for security reasons

There are programs you can install on your PC to monitor your USB port and then do something like this Leelu Soft: APUSB 47 1.0

Alternatively you could make a batch file like this on your PC and run it when you insert a USB. Batch File for AutoRun.inf - Stack Overflow

If you are trying to write something to run on any PC then there is no legitimate way of doing it - it will not work as this functionality was disabled to stop spreading malware.

It might help a bit if you explained what you are wanting to do. What you want to run, on what PC, whether you want to run something when a specific USB is inserted or when any USB is inserted (a very bad idea imo).

4. mars Win User

How do I automatically run a batch file when a device is connected? (not autorun usb)

USB Autorun

Hi Guys!
    I have created a Java program and build it into a JAR file. What I want is to autorun this Jar file. I already created an autorun.inf file but still no good. My code goes like this..

[autorun]
    open=myjava.jar
    action=Run myjava Program
    icon=myjava.jar
    label=theis

**I already copied my inf file in my USB and I also copied myjava.jar file but there's no good.

hope you can help me. *Smile How do I automatically run a batch file when a device is connected? (not autorun usb) :)

USB: Generic

Thema:

How do I automatically run a batch file when a device is connected? (not autorun usb)

1. How do I automatically run a batch file when a device is connected? (not autorun usb) - Similar Threads - automatically run batch

2. Cant run Batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant run Batch file: When i try to run a batch file all it says is this app can't run on your pc i tried going to my property and going to compatibility but it isn't there im on windows 11 btw but if someone can pls help...
  3. How do I get AutoRun to work with USB drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get AutoRun to work with USB drives?: Title says it all. How do I get AutoRun working with USB drives in Win10? submitted by /u/chungus_is_gay [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjw1hw/how_do_i_get_autorun_to_work_with_usb_drives/
  4. Automatically Run Batch Script

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatically Run Batch Script: Hi everyone When the windows installation is finished, automatically run batch script. How can I do that? Thanks *Wink 122531
  5. When is it safe and how do you remove a USB connected device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When is it safe and how do you remove a USB connected device?: When is it safe and how do you remove a USB connected device? The older versions of windows had the connection icon and when could safely remove....
  6. How do i run Night Light through Batch?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i run Night Light through Batch?: The subject says it all - I want to be able to run a command, that activates/deactivates Night Light through cmd/bat. I found a code that detects operating systems, and I made it seperate the choices between "True" (Windows 10) and "False"(Other). The marked *ACTIVATION...
  7. Running an uneditable Batch file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Running an uneditable Batch file: Hi people, Got a task to run a certain CMD command on a number of PCs as administrator. So I thought i would create a batch file doing this. This is not the issue. The issue is that I am unable to lock down successfully so people cannot just edit the file to see the admin...
  8. USB autorun

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB autorun: I have a freshly installed Win10 - now upgraded to v1607 - that shows the contents of USB sticks (in a USB3 socket) when the stick is inserted - THAT is what I want. I also have Win10 upgrade from Win7 - still at v1511 because the v1607 crippled it according to a Microsoft...
  9. How to run batch file with powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to run batch file with powershell: I created a basic batch file that uses "net share" to share a local path. I saved the batch file. When I double click the file I get "access is denied"... note, I am logged on as a admin. Anyways... I figure it has to be run using power shell. I do not know much about...
  10. autorun batch file usb

in Windows 10 Support
    autorun batch file usb: I want run a bat file from usb stick while inserting it plz help me 63747

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when night light

2. How to execuate a .bat file automatically whenever a usb is connected to my pc