Windows 10: How do I automatically save my screenshots to a folder?

Discus and support How do I automatically save my screenshots to a folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have assigned my prtscr key to snip screen and I need to save my screenshots automatically to a folder. Currently I have to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Luttappy, Jul 15, 2020.

1. How do I automatically save my screenshots to a folder?

Hello, I have assigned my prtscr key to snip screen and I need to save my screenshots automatically to a folder. Currently I have to open the screenshot I made from recent actions/notifications thing and click on save.

How do I automate this action? So that I don't have to worry about taking multiple screenshots without losing previous ones.

Thank you all for help.

submitted by /u/Luttappy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Luttappy, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Marco Gav Win User

How do I save snip screenshots as .JPG?

Hi,

You can save a screenshot directly as a .jpeg file in the Snipping tool. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press File.

• Select Save As....

• Choose a File name.

• Select the drop-down besides Save as type.

• Select JPEG file.

• Press Save.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Jul 15, 2020
  4. How do I automatically save my screenshots to a folder?

How do I save screenshots?

Hi Leroy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to saving Screenshot on your PC.

You can use the Snip & sketch or snipping tool on Windows 10 to take and save screenshots on your PC. For more information you may want to refer the articles below:

I hope the information provided answers your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

How do I automatically save my screenshots to a folder?

1. How do I automatically save my screenshots to a folder? - Similar Threads - automatically save screenshots

2. How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?: I have Windows 10 Pro and have been trying to take a screenshot with it automatically saving - Windows key + PrtSc does not work, which is a method I have always used on my laptop. I don’t like the snipping tool and would prefer to use the method I’ve always had, but if not...
  3. How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?: I have Windows 10 Pro and have been trying to take a screenshot with it automatically saving - Windows key + PrtSc does not work, which is a method I have always used on my laptop. I don’t like the snipping tool and would prefer to use the method I’ve always had, but if not...
  4. How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I...: My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I locate where they are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screenshots-are-not-being-saved-in-my/ab043f1e-77e6-486a-a6c8-f16f1e40522b
  6. My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I...: My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I locate where they are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screenshots-are-not-being-saved-in-my/ab043f1e-77e6-486a-a6c8-f16f1e40522b
  7. My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I...

8. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  9. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  10. How do I save screenshots?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I save screenshots?: Split from this thread. how do I save screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-screenshots/e76d539d-b2ce-479c-8faa-d61d7b6d5af2