Windows 10: How do I automatically sync my User Folders on my PC to Onedrive?

Discus and support How do I automatically sync my User Folders on my PC to Onedrive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi...I've just got a Win 11 laptop and am having a really hard time figuring out how to automatically back up my main user folders Documents, Music,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Davis 10, Sep 25, 2022.

1. How do I automatically sync my User Folders on my PC to Onedrive?

Hi...I've just got a Win 11 laptop and am having a really hard time figuring out how to automatically back up my main user folders Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos to Onedrive automatically. There used to be a really useful prog called Onesync which worked brilliantly, but has since been deprecated, as they say in the jargon. Whenever I added a file, or edited a file in the above-mentioned folders, Onesync sprung into life and did the backing up. What has taken its place, and how do I set it up? I have to admit that, after several hours of trying it has defeated me!

:)

John Davis 10, Sep 25, 2022
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Thank you, Diego! But what you suggest is about syncing OneDrive folders with PC. I mean the Folder Protection feature which lets to sync folders on PC to OneDrive.

Murad Ahmadzada, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

How do I automatically sync my User Folders on my PC to Onedrive?

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

How do I automatically sync my User Folders on my PC to Onedrive?

1. How do I automatically sync my User Folders on my PC to Onedrive? - Similar Threads - automatically sync User

2. How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.: I stopped Onedrive from syncing my files but once I downloaded a file and moved it into my pictures folder which I synced then it showed me the same icon saying sync pending and same goes for my other files and I am tired of this can someone just tell me how to stop Onedrive...
  3. How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.: I stopped Onedrive from syncing my files but once I downloaded a file and moved it into my pictures folder which I synced then it showed me the same icon saying sync pending and same goes for my other files and I am tired of this can someone just tell me how to stop Onedrive...
  4. How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?: How do I "Sync" my files to OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sync-my-files-to-onedrive/614fd7f7-4bc2-41c5-a2a7-f9e89919c065
  5. How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?

How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?: How do I "Sync" my files to OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sync-my-files-to-onedrive/614fd7f7-4bc2-41c5-a2a7-f9e89919c065
  6. How do I automatically sync my User Folders on my PC to Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I automatically sync my User Folders on my PC to Onedrive?: Hi...I've just got a Win 11 laptop and am having a really hard time figuring out how to automatically back up my main user folders Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos to Onedrive automatically. There used to be a really useful prog called Onesync which worked brilliantly,...
  7. How do I keep folders on my PC from syncing to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep folders on my PC from syncing to OneDrive?: I have several folders that I want to keep on my PC and not have them sync to OneDrive. I can never find any satisfactory answer to this question. It seems that hundreds of us are all clamoring for a real solution from Microsoft and it is not forthcoming. Is there a reason...
  8. How do I keep folders on my PC from syncing to OneDrive?

How do I keep folders on my PC from syncing to OneDrive?: I have several folders that I want to keep on my PC and not have them sync to OneDrive. I can never find any satisfactory answer to this question. It seems that hundreds of us are all clamoring for a real solution from Microsoft and it is not forthcoming. Is there a reason...
  9. Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder

Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder: I'm having a great deal of difficulty with this, so maybe someone can explain how this is supposed to work: I'm having a horrible time trying to get Onedrive *not* to sync every folder on my laptop to the cloud. Basically, I don't want every file that I download to...
  10. how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders: Hi there I am using OneDrive to sync my desktop but I wanted icons and few folders on my destop to be left out. How do I customize the sync process to do so?...