Windows 10: How do I backup all of my applications along with the Windows?

Discus and support How do I backup all of my applications along with the Windows? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Is there any way to create a media/drive/disc/img so that I can use it to restore Windows to the current state? Example, I've 95 software/apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SirDarknight, Jun 18, 2017.

1. How do I backup all of my applications along with the Windows?

Is there any way to create a media/drive/disc/img so that I can use it to restore Windows to the current state?

Example, I've 95 software/apps installed in my PC, along with a lot of customization/themes etc. So, if my Windows or HDD crashes for some reason, is there any way I can use a flash drive to install Windows along with all those apps and customizations.
    Basically, I just don't want to spend all that time installing 100+ apps/software everytime I've to re-install Windows.

:)

SirDarknight, Jun 18, 2017

2. How do I backup messages, games & applications on my win 7 HTC trophy

Unfortunately, there is no way to backup text messages on a windows phone 7.

There's also no way to backup applications and games either, but if you get a new device or hard reset your phone, as long as you set up the phone with the same windows live id that you originally used on the phone (when you purchased the games & applications),
    you can install the games & applications again without being required to pay for them again. Applications & Games are tied to the windows live account you used when you purchased them and so using the same windows live id on a new phone or a newly reset
    phone ensures that you can continue using the games and applications.

Julie fka profjulie, Jun 18, 2017
  3. How do I backup messages, games & applications on my win 7 HTC trophy

Is there anyway I can also back up my SMSs on my HTC trophy. I am able to sync my mails & contacts with my live account. But

A. I would like to backup my SMS, either on the air or on my PC through my zune. How do I do it ?

B. How do I keep a backup of my installed applicatiopns and games through my zune with the saved games and their settings ?

Regards

Dr Alpa Modi MS, Jun 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How do I backup all of my applications along with the Windows?

That's disk imaging, I believe- which we highly recommend.

Most recommend Macrium Reflect (free).
    Then there are
    Veeam Endpoint
    Aomei Backupper
    and more...

If you have a disk image you can also use it with a Laplink or Easeus program to transfer programs to a new OS installation.

See Laplink PCMover, which specifically focusses on moving your programs & settings to a new OS. For several hundred programs this is more than 95% successful.
    Easeus ToDo PCTrans aims to do the same
    Free PC transfer/migration software - EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free

1 time use license- so relatively expensive. The Laplink version which uses a disk image is cheaper (and in my experience, easier and quicker to use).

dalchina, Jun 18, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    They all work broadly the same way. You make an image of the partitions required by your system, this should be on an external HDD. You boot from a USB flash drive with the recovery software on it to restore the image to the PC should you need to.

For completeness it should be mentioned that Windows comes with its own imaging software built in: Backup & Restore (Windows 7) - 'Create a system image'. This has been known to be temperamental. While it can restore an image reliably, it's all too easy for the restore process to fail to recognise an image as being one it can restore. That's why most recommend Macrium as a more robust solution.

6. Steve C Win User
    Some imaging programs like Macrium Reflect Free let you mount the image as a virtual drive so you can copy selected files/folders from the image. This is useful if you just want to recover a few files.

Steve C, Jun 20, 2017
  7. Stephanie Win User
    Stephanie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I backup all of my applications along with the Windows?

1. How do I backup all of my applications along with the Windows? - Similar Threads - backup applications along

2. How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?: I recently upgraded my pc along with a bigger M.2 ssd and i just cant move my windows.These are my drives. ignore local disk D i initially had windows on local disk E and moved it manually CTRL+C, CTRL+V basically to the actual disk, C. now i want to do the same with Local...
  3. How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?: I recently upgraded my pc along with a bigger M.2 ssd and i just cant move my windows.These are my drives. ignore local disk D i initially had windows on local disk E and moved it manually CTRL+C, CTRL+V basically to the actual disk, C. now i want to do the same with Local...
  4. How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?: So I was installing Windows 11 a few days ago and when setting it up it gave me an option to choose a backup which had a list of old Windows Desktops that date back to 2016 even ones from my old Computer from years ago. Is there any other ways I can see this list again...
  6. How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I see the list of all my old Windows Backups?: So I was installing Windows 11 a few days ago and when setting it up it gave me an option to choose a backup which had a list of old Windows Desktops that date back to 2016 even ones from my old Computer from years ago. Is there any other ways I can see this list again...
  7. Backup My Applications?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup My Applications?: After two year of Feature Update failures and struggles with OOBE, I finally managed a clean install of W10 1909 from .iso. My files are in OneDrive and Dropbox, but reinstalling all my applications is a pain. Is there any way to backup just my applications, not Windows...
  8. Backup My Applications?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup My Applications?: After two year of Feature Update failures and struggles with OOBE, I finally managed a clean install of W10 1909 from .iso. My files are in OneDrive and Dropbox, but reinstalling all my applications is a pain. Is there any way to backup just my applications, not Windows...
  9. How do I backup all my drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I backup all my drivers?: I need to backup all my drivers on a specific build. Is there an easy way to do this and restore them later on? Thanks. 132606
  10. How do I backup all of my PC drivers 2 my flashdrive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I backup all of my PC drivers 2 my flashdrive?: I want to be able to easily reinstall drivers (incase I can't boot and have to do a reinstall or if it's just that device that needs to be updated). I don't know where the system components store their drivers or what process/software to use to save it to my USB 3.0...