Windows 10: How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?

Discus and support How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm trying to backup Edge legacy favorites. A tutorial says they are located in this folder:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Shanester, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Shanester Win User

How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?

Greetings,

I'm trying to backup Edge legacy favorites. A tutorial says they are located in this folder:

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\

However, the backup program gave errors on these files:

spartan.edb
    spartan.jfm
    edb.log

Saying "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." Edge was closed.

I am only trying to backup my favorites with its icons. Are these three files the correct ones? If so, how can I find out which program is using them while Edge is closed?

I accidentally discovered this folder:

%UserProfile%\MicrosoftEdgeBackups\backups\

However, someone said that this is "not a replica" and "can't be restored". What did they mean by that?

Thanks,
    Shane.

:)

Shanester, Jan 18, 2021
  2. John DeV Win User

Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites

Hello KeithRichardson_063,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with lost favorites in Microsoft Edge. When does the New Edge got installed?

If you have your Favorites on Edge Legacy, Please try the suggested method below.

Import your Favorites from Edge Legacy to New Edge Chromium

Open New Edge Chromium

Copy paste the command on the Edge Chromium address bar:

edge://flags/#edge-legacy-import

Press Enter

On the drop down list, Select Enabled then click Restart

Click 3 dots then select Favorites > Import from "Microsoft Edge Legacy"

Click Import then Done

Check your Favorites

You can turn off edge://flags/#edge-legacy-import

If it doesn't work, Please try to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium then check if the Edge legacy will come back. Check your favorites on Edge legacy. However if the New edge was installed via Windows update, Unfortunately you cannot uninstall it.

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Select the New Edge Chromium then Uninstall

Restart your Computer

Make a backup HTML file from Edge Legacy

Open Edge Legacy then Click 3 dots

Select Favorites. On the upper right corner, Click settings icon

Under "Transfer Favorites and other info" Click Import or export

Select Favorites then Click Export to a file

Save the HTML file on your computer

If still doesn't work, Please try to perform a System Restore on an earlier date before the New Edge got installed. If successful, Proceed to Open Edge legacy then backup to HTML.

Press Start

Search for Create a restore point, and click the top result to open the System Properties experience.

Click the System Restore button.

Choose a different restore point. Click the Next button.

Select the restore point that you want to use on your computer. You can check the box "Show more restore points"

Click Next then Finish

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Eric_999 Win User

Favorites How do I find my favorites in Edge

While browsing another thread, I found the answer to my previous question. Including it here in case others are searching for the location where favorites are stored.

Kindly, follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
    (Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer).

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.
    • Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested.

Eric_999, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites? - Similar Threads - backup Edge Legacy

2. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  3. Edge Legacy removed. How do I get it back?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Legacy removed. How do I get it back?: Greetings, There is a problem with Microsoft Answers that doesn't allow you to ask a question in the Edge Legacy forum. The latest Windows Update has removed Edge Legacy. How do I get it back, especially my Favorites? How do I prevent Windows Update from removing other...
  4. How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]This tutorial shows how to backup and restore all profiles, extensions, settings, favorites, history […] This article How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How do I delete the Chromium Edge 'other favorites'?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I delete the Chromium Edge 'other favorites'?: I just installed the Chromium Edge. I imported my bookmarks during the install process. I have a bookmark folder and an 'other favorites' folder. The option to delete the 'other favorites' is greyed out. Where is the folder located in Windows explorer, and can I delete it...
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  7. How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?: Folks, Before I wiped my Windows 7 install, I exported my IE11 favorites into an HTM file, "bookmark", by using IE11's "export" feature. My clean Windows 10 install only has 2 browsers: Edge and Chrome. I do not want to install IE11. How do I get the saved...
  8. no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?: no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites including the favorites line in the top? 66205
  9. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  10. Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the...