Windows 10: How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and...

Discus and support How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've got Windows 10 currently and I'm thinking about what to do to backup my files for when I upgrade to Windows 11. What are some major differences... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Modster William, Mar 23, 2023.

1. How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and...

I've got Windows 10 currently and I'm thinking about what to do to backup my files for when I upgrade to Windows 11. What are some major differences between how Windows 10 and Windows 11 handles backups that I need to keep in mind before I do anything with my data? Also, can Windows 11 work with backups that were made with Windows 10 after installing Win 11 to a fresh boot drive or an additional mass storage drive?No errors, I'm just trying to plan in advance to upgrade my system before I run into possible problems whenever I get Windows 11.

:)

Modster William, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with USB mass storage concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Do yo have an updated Windows 10 on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far after your media player stopped recognizing the portable drive?
    • Do you have the updated USB driver on the current operating system that you are using?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 23, 2023
  3. sttubs Win User
    Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Mar 23, 2023
  4. PikaDeFi Win User

How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and...

USB Mass Storage Driver Errors

I have an update to this situation. It appears as long as I have a USB Mass storage device plugged in when I boot up my computer the USB Mass Storage driver loads correctly and shows no errors as long as I keep a drive always connected. I can remove and attach USB drives but there must always be at least one USB Mass Storage device connected at a time. As soon as I unmount all USB Mass Storage devices its like Windows is turning off the USB Mass Storage driver because it will not operate correctly again until rebooted with a USB Mass Storage device connected.

PikaDeFi, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and...

1. How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and... - Similar Threads - backup everything drives

2. How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and...: I've got Windows 10 currently and I'm thinking about what to do to backup my files for when I upgrade to Windows 11. What are some major differences between how Windows 10 and Windows 11 handles backups that I need to keep in mind before I do anything with my data? Also, can...
  3. How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I backup everything from my drives, both boot and mass storage, in Windows 10 and...: I've got Windows 10 currently and I'm thinking about what to do to backup my files for when I upgrade to Windows 11. What are some major differences between how Windows 10 and Windows 11 handles backups that I need to keep in mind before I do anything with my data? Also, can...
  4. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  5. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  6. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. use of mass storage device for backup

use of mass storage device for backup: Is there a simple way to determine the amount of free space remaining on my Seagate using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-mass-storage-device-for-backup/ac4f2cbc-75c7-454f-93ea-3cdecdebfea0
  8. How do I Defragment my Storage Drives?.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I Defragment my Storage Drives?.: My OS is Windows 10 Home version 2004. I use a 125GB SSD only for the system and program installation files. Everything else I store and backup on my 500GB and 1TB HDD's. I have never defragmented my SSD as was advised it is not a good idea but after 7yrs I think it might be...
  9. USB Mass Storage Issues with Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mass Storage Issues with Thumb Drives: I'm having issues with a USB drive. I've tried several different thumb drives in every USB port on my desktop. When inserting the drive, Windows makes the noise recognizing it's been inserted. The drive does not show up in explorer. I went to Device Manager and it/they...
  10. Can I install from my phone in mass storage mode?

Can I install from my phone in mass storage mode?: I can't find my 32 GB flash thumb drive but I want to install Windows 10 on a computer in a few days. My Android phone can act as a mass storage device so I was wondering whether I could get the computer to boot from and install Windows 10 from that. 66249