Windows 10: How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

Discus and support How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I would like to backup Metro/Modern Apps, is this possible? Once backed up, how do you restore them? Also, what about Metro/Modern App Data? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by nosecureboot, Jul 30, 2015.

1. How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

I would like to backup Metro/Modern Apps, is this possible? Once backed up, how do you restore them?

Also, what about Metro/Modern App Data? Thanks.

:)

nosecureboot, Jul 30, 2015
  2. cyborg5 Win User

Windows 10 continually suggests Using Edge instead of IE

Is this free Outlook a desktop app or a modern "Metro" style app? I never use the modern apps unless I absolutely have to and so far I've never had to except for some system settings.

cyborg5, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Default app when connecting Win8 phone to PC

Recently upgraded to a new Win8 PC and a new Win8 Phone, I am delighted to find the
    Windows Phone for Desktop app and see how much better it is to previous methods of connecting.

My question is: on connection to the PC, how do I make my Windows phone default to launching to the desktop app rather than the full-screen modern/metro app?

davidxtaylor, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

1. How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data? - Similar Threads - backup Metro Modern

2. How to backup apps, data and files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup apps, data and files?: Hello,I am using Windows Insider as a Dev Channel, sadly Windows wants me to do a clean install of Windows in order to unenroll from Windows Insider. My concern is I have files and apps that I have along with my personal settings how can I backup this like I can with Apple...
  3. How to backup apps, data and files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup apps, data and files?: Hello,I am using Windows Insider as a Dev Channel, sadly Windows wants me to do a clean install of Windows in order to unenroll from Windows Insider. My concern is I have files and apps that I have along with my personal settings how can I backup this like I can with Apple...
  4. How do I transfer Windows App Store's App Metro App to another PC that is no longer...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I transfer Windows App Store's App Metro App to another PC that is no longer...: Back in Time is one of the apps that I have purchased in App Store that is no longer available to download for my new PC. How can I transfer it from my old PC?...
  5. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  6. Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10

Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10: I had this same problem in Windows 8.1 and was really hoping they'd get it worked out by now. Any Metro app- windows store, mail, netflix, anything- takes ages to open or do anything that accesses the web. In some cases, Mail takes longer to open than Adobe Premiere Pro...
  7. how do i backup my apps?!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how do i backup my apps?!: i'm still searching for a method/software/app/script to backup my apps or have, at least, a list of installed apps. i'm used to do system image backups but last time it went corrupted and i had to format and remember what was installed... i could have a log in my microsoft...
  8. storage location for modern/metro apps

storage location for modern/metro apps: where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called? 9488
  9. How do I delete Metro Apps?

How do I delete Metro Apps?: This is absolutely the stupidest beta, I have ever seen. How in the world are we supposed to manage our apps? How do we delete them? I have 97 apps and no idea what 80 of them are, a clean install should just load the essentials unless directed to do else wise. 2519
  10. Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps: When Windows 8 entered beta and Microsoft showed off its new apps and design style, they called it Metro. But after some legal headaches, the company stopped referring to them as 'Metro' apps and went with 'Modern' apps instead. The Modern app name has slowly transitioned...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup modern apps