Windows 10: How do I backup my steam games??

Discus and support How do I backup my steam games?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Simple and sweet, how do I backup my steam games without losing >any< of them like last time... Suddenly 50% of my games were lost... How that happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RingTailCoon, Jan 7, 2019.

1. How do I backup my steam games??

Simple and sweet, how do I backup my steam games without losing >any< of them like last time... Suddenly 50% of my games were lost... How that happened I dunno..... (I want to reinstall Windows soon)

Owww and they are all on a seperate game drive

:)

RingTailCoon, Jan 7, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Steam backups?

I just backed up all my steam games to my storage drive... my steam folder is around 80GB, but my backup is only 56GB. I did select every game in the list. Does it back up in a compressed format?

3. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 7, 2019
  4. How do I backup my steam games??

steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

How do I backup my steam games??

1. How do I backup my steam games?? - Similar Threads - backup steam games

2. How do I backup my steam games??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I backup my steam games??: Simple and sweet, how do I backup my steam games without losing >any< of them like last time... Suddenly 50% of my games were lost... How that happened I dunno..... (I want to reinstall Windows soon) Owww and they are all on a seperate game drive 124814
  3. How do I backup files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I backup files?: I just got a MS Surface, How do I backup files? I was trying to download icloud but having trouble so does MS Surface have a file backup program & how does it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-files/e51d527b-2700-4d26-8275-ede3fd0af5fc"
  4. I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!: I am sick of trying to fix this stupid error. I was able to play games on this laptop before but now when i go on steam and try to play them it gives me this error. [ATTACH] I have tried to "Instal Dierct X again. Checked DxDiag, and checked if my drivers up to date"....
  5. How do I backup my laptop to One Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I backup my laptop to One Drive?: How do I backup my laptop to One Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-backup-my-laptop-to-one-drive/9b787ed1-2cc4-4a36-8032-3543009a3b30
  6. How do I backup a game bought via Windows Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I backup a game bought via Windows Store?: I have a 240GB SSD so I like to be careful about space allocated to my games. With Steam games it is easy to just copy the game folder to an external HD when I'm not playing it then moved it back when I fancy playing it. However, I purchased Rise of the Tomb Raider from...
  7. How do I backup my Edge browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I backup my Edge browsing history?: I am preparing to reset my computer and wanted to backup my browsing history. Finding this info for Firefox & Chrome is no issue, but I've had no luck so far regarding Edge. Any idea where I could find some more information on doing this? 93438
  8. Steam crashing my game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam crashing my game.: Hi For last 5 days i'd say my CS:GO in steam library are not running as it was before. My CS:GO crashes every most of the time i try to load a map ( offline ) but it does not happen all the time, i was playing no problem 3 hours ago, i try to run it again later, crashes...
  9. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  10. how do i backup my apps?!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how do i backup my apps?!: i'm still searching for a method/software/app/script to backup my apps or have, at least, a list of installed apps. i'm used to do system image backups but last time it went corrupted and i had to format and remember what was installed... i could have a log in my microsoft...