Windows 10: How do I backup my steam games??

Discus and support How do I backup my steam games?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Simple and sweet, how do I backup my steam games without losing >any< of them like last time... Suddenly 50% of my games were lost... How that happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RingTailCoon, Jan 7, 2019.

1. How do I backup my steam games??

Simple and sweet, how do I backup my steam games without losing >any< of them like last time... Suddenly 50% of my games were lost... How that happened I dunno..... (I want to reinstall Windows soon)

Owww and they are all on a seperate game drive

:)

RingTailCoon, Jan 7, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Steam backups?

I just backed up all my steam games to my storage drive... my steam folder is around 80GB, but my backup is only 56GB. I did select every game in the list. Does it back up in a compressed format?

3. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 7, 2019
  4. How do I backup my steam games??

steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

How do I backup my steam games??

1. How do I backup my steam games?? - Similar Threads - backup steam games

2. How do I get a Trojan horse out of my steam game files??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a Trojan horse out of my steam game files??: I downloaded a “FORZA horizon mod menu” and after finding out it was a fake I deleted the downloaded file and left my computer, until today when I noticed my instagram account got hacked, and my epic games had 2fa linked to an email that wasn’t mine and that someone had been...
  3. How do I get a Trojan horse out of my steam game files??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a Trojan horse out of my steam game files??: I downloaded a “FORZA horizon mod menu” and after finding out it was a fake I deleted the downloaded file and left my computer, until today when I noticed my instagram account got hacked, and my epic games had 2fa linked to an email that wasn’t mine and that someone had been...
  4. How do I get a Trojan horse out of my steam game files??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?: I ask about DirectX because when I clicked to play Don't Starve for the first time (I used Linux, but I returned to Windows 10 a few months ago), it asked me to install DirectX. I clicked no, thinking I could just do that later, and now, the game doesn't launch. I Is this...
  6. How do I backup XBox Gamepass Games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I backup XBox Gamepass Games?: Alright ladies, I need some help over here. I will send 10,962,471 RTX 3090s to the home of the first person who can come up with the answer. I am trying to backup some games downloaded from XBox Gamepass. They are stored in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. I want to relocate...
  7. how do i get my steam games on twitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my steam games on twitch: i have connected my steam account to my twitch through the connection, but it only asked me to add my account details which i did!, but i don't know how to properly get my game from steam on my twitch, i am new to this...
  8. How do I uninstall steam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall steam?: How do I uninstall steam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-steam/81efa23d-8342-4fc1-9e55-bf718bbb372f
  9. How do I backup my steam games??

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I backup my steam games??: Simple and sweet, how do I backup my steam games without losing >any< of them like last time... Suddenly 50% of my games were lost... How that happened I dunno..... (I want to reinstall Windows soon) Owww and they are all on a seperate game drive 124814
  10. how do i backup my apps?!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how do i backup my apps?!: i'm still searching for a method/software/app/script to backup my apps or have, at least, a list of installed apps. i'm used to do system image backups but last time it went corrupted and i had to format and remember what was installed... i could have a log in my microsoft...