Windows 10: How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive?

Discus and support How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 11, 22H2 OS Build 22621.1105 on an HP Pavilion laptop mfr in Dec 2021 with 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 Hz and 16.0 GB RAM.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrDogMac, Jan 27, 2023.

1. MrDogMac Win User

How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive?

I am running Windows 11, 22H2 OS Build 22621.1105 on an HP Pavilion laptop mfr in Dec 2021 with 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 Hz and 16.0 GB RAM. The OneDrive Build is 23.002.0102.0004 64-bit When I first set up the laptop in Dec 2021, my desire had been to backup all of my Libraries to OneDrive so that I would have a copy of the files on my hard drive as well as a copy in the cloud, and that files would be synced automatically when changes are made to either location. I did not want the solution that saves space on my hard drive and stores the files only in the cloud - I wanted re

:)

MrDogMac, Jan 27, 2023
  2. gasolin Win User

NAS server for backup and music/videos

Looking for a nas server something like the wd cloud 3-4 tb mabye the my could mirror for music videos and backup of pictures,setting of my games and wmp play list (have alot of them) when i read about the old wd my book live i see it's only 10mbps and even if they say in the review it's fast i can't imagine i could use it for playing videos,film on my pc,phone or tv, because i think there would be a delay from when i press play and a video starts playing, also max speed is 10mbps, is that enought for hd/full hd videos and losless music?

Western Digital My Book Live (2TB) review: Western Digital My Book Live (2TB)

I would use it for backup and to play videos,music and watch pictures any where on any smartphone,tv,pc i own

gasolin, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Problem with onedrive libraries

Hi Mike,

To restore the shell folder locations to default, open OneDrive and do the following:

Important: Before proceeding, copy the files in those special folders to another folder or external drive. Please don’t copy them anywhere under Desktop/Documents/Pictures. This is because disabling OneDrive backup for a folder erases the local copies of the files. Copying them to a different location beforehand will ensure that you don’t need to download them again from the OneDrive cloud.

1. Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification area and click Settings.
    2. Select the Backup tab, and click Manage Backup
    3. In the Manage folder backup dialog, click on the Stop backup link under the special folder (Desktop, Documents, or Pictures)
    4. Click Stop backup in the confirmation dialog that appears.
    5. Repeat the step for each shell folder you want to revert to the original location.

See also:

Error “The folder can’t be moved here” Moving Documents/Pictures, Caused by OneDrive

Libraries are placed in onedrive folder instead of local folder - Microsoft Community

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 27, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive Folders

In that case, it'll need to be done manually.

To do so:

1. Include the OneDrive Music and Videos folders to the corresponding Music and Videos library.
    2. Set these included folders as your default save location for the library.

Brink, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - backup move Music

2. How to backup libraries in Windows 11 to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup libraries in Windows 11 to OneDrive: I saw another post asking about this, and there doesn't seem to be a way: only the user folders are options for auto sync in Onedrive. Is that still the case? And what happens if/when I reinstall Windows or get a new PC? Is there a way that libraries can be synced like the...
  3. How to backup libraries in Windows 11 to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup libraries in Windows 11 to OneDrive: I saw another post asking about this, and there doesn't seem to be a way: only the user folders are options for auto sync in Onedrive. Is that still the case? And what happens if/when I reinstall Windows or get a new PC? Is there a way that libraries can be synced like the...
  4. How do upload my music library to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do upload my music library to OneDrive: How do upload my entire music library to OneDrive and what type of player do I need to listen to my music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-upload-my-music-library-to-onedrive/6fc31924-bda3-46cd-a2fa-bff5158b856c
  5. How do upload my music library to OneDrive

How do upload my music library to OneDrive: How do upload my entire music library to OneDrive and what type of player do I need to listen to my music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-upload-my-music-library-to-onedrive/6fc31924-bda3-46cd-a2fa-bff5158b856c
  6. How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive?: I am running Windows 11, 22H2 OS Build 22621.1105 on an HP Pavilion laptop mfr in Dec 2021 with 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 Hz and 16.0 GB RAM. The OneDrive Build is 23.002.0102.0004 64-bit When I first set up the laptop in Dec 2021, my desire had been to backup all of...
  7. How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?

How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?: So basically I have videos on my google photos but google photos storage was full, so i moved them to my pc by simply clicked download and deleting them from google photos. i have about 500gb of storage on my pc but for some reason, i think the videos and photos downloaded...
  8. my music library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my music library: I just purchased Microsoft Personal 365 One Drive. I have 120gb music I have downloaded from discs into my computer which is managed by itunes. I want to have all this music available to me on my phone or on a remote laptop. Will OneDrive show and access my music library?...
  9. How do I stop Media Player from adding OneDrive Music to the library

How do I stop Media Player from adding OneDrive Music to the library: I am getting tired of removing the OneDrive Music folder from the Windows Media Player library. I don't need two copies of all my music displayed in the library when it updates media. I keep removing it from the library but Windows keeps putting it back....
  10. Move Library Folders to OneDrive

Move Library Folders to OneDrive: I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive. I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved. When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location"...