Windows 10: How do I become an administrator even though I am the only user on my laptop

Discus and support How do I become an administrator even though I am the only user on my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I become an administrator even though I am the only user on my laptop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LucyMcG20, Mar 31, 2020.

1. LucyMcG20 Win User

How do I become an administrator even though I am the only user on my laptop

:)

LucyMcG20, Mar 31, 2020
  2. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

Health & Performance Report Not Available on 2 user accounts except the administrator's account in the laptop has Health Report

We appreciate your time responding back to us. At this point, we would suggest that you access the built-in Administrator account to and check if you would be able to perform a Health Check from it. Here are the steps on how to enable the built-in Administrator
    Account:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:yes and hit
      Enter

After completing these steps, you should see a message that you've done the command completed successfully. Sign out from your current user profile and you'll see the Administrator account as one of the choices.

Let us know if you would be able to perform a system health check on your account and we'll assist you with the next steps needed.

Once you're successful with performing a health check on the Administrator account, we would suggest that you disable it from your personal user profile by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:no and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

Jaune Bel, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I become an administrator even though I am the only user on my laptop - Similar Threads - become administrator though

2. How do I get back my Administrator powers on my PC even though it already says I am one?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get back my Administrator powers on my PC even though it already says I am one?: Hello,So this has been an ongoing issue and I've tried everything to fix it. I believe I have windows 10.On my PC there is only one Microsoft account attached- mine. In the settings I am listed as administrator and it is listed under my devices. Although I am the...
  3. How do I get back my Administrator powers on my PC even though it already says I am one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back my Administrator powers on my PC even though it already says I am one?: Hello,So this has been an ongoing issue and I've tried everything to fix it. I believe I have windows 10.On my PC there is only one Microsoft account attached- mine. In the settings I am listed as administrator and it is listed under my devices. Although I am the...
  4. How do I get back my Administrator powers on my PC even though it already says I am one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!: I have a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 11 64 bit and I cannot turn on Memory Integrity because of several Logitech .sys files. When I try to delete those files per Microsoft instructions, I get a message saying that I must have Administrator Permission, but I AM the...
  6. I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!: I have a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 11 64 bit and I cannot turn on Memory Integrity because of several Logitech .sys files. When I try to delete those files per Microsoft instructions, I get a message saying that I must have Administrator Permission, but I AM the...
  7. Windows 10 does not recognize me as administrator, even though I am the only one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 does not recognize me as administrator, even though I am the only one: Hello, everyone! I have a very strange problem with the user privileges on my laptop. I followed a very long locked thread on the topic, but sadly found no answer to my question. Sorry for the long post in advance, but I am under the impression that it is best to list...
  8. Unable to run anything as administrator even though I am the only administrator on my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run anything as administrator even though I am the only administrator on my pc: Every time i try to run ANYTHING as administrator, not hing happens. Ive tried every solution there was. Is this a common bug that is going around with the new update? Please if anyone knows how to fix this let me know....
  9. Blocked apps even though I am administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked apps even though I am administrator: When I try to open different things such as a Samsung USB driver a window pops up saying "This app has been blocked for your protection" I have given myself administrator as well as making a new user and giving that one administrator too but the same thing happens....
  10. How do I 'become' my network administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I 'become' my network administrator?: Windows tells me I must contact my network administrator in order to see my music files. This is a home network. How do I convince my own network I have authority to see the file?...