Windows 10: how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?

Discus and support how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have contacted Norton and they can only currently block an application . This is not a workable solution when there is no application visible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Max2thous10, Jun 5, 2019.

1. how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?

I have contacted Norton and they can only currently block an application . This is not a workable solution when there is no application visible attached to it . an you please provide software that will block a .dll or service file from accessing the internet ?

Our Case number is 38898641.

Initial Question/Comment: WaaSMedicSvc.dll and netsvcs .dll as Microsoft migrated most of its executables to DLL is there anyway Norton can add DLL to its blocking programs ? Its virus is causing problems.

Nishikant: , I completely understand your concern, however as of now we do not have any such update about the same, however believe me if Microsoft has migrated its exe to dlll, our engineering team will be working on that. Thank you for notifying this, I will pass on this information to our team, so that we will work on this and fix this.

:)

Max2thous10, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Arctucas Win User

how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I do not wish to confuse the issue, but yes, Windows Firewall is able block specific IP addresses. I have about two dozen blocked right now.

Arctucas, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?

1. how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10? - Similar Threads - block dll file

2. Windows 10 blocking dll files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blocking dll files: Hi, I`m trying to use a software called Reaper to edit videos. In order to use ffmpeg, I need to put some dll files inside a user plugins folder. I tried this in another machine (running windows 8.1) and it works fine. But in my Windows 10 machine Reaper simply doesn`t load...
  3. How do I make a exception for a dll in windows firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I make a exception for a dll in windows firewall?: I wanna make a exception for a dll in windows firewall but I cant find a way to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-exception-for-a-dll-in-windows/becb2b6e-d22b-4e87-ae96-979ba7db3817
  4. how do I block a program in a firewall?

how do I block a program in a firewall?: how do I block a program in a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-block-a-program-in-a-firewall/ff53f7b0-8814-435b-8677-af81cae5cc1f
  5. windows 10 firewall blocking ancestry.com from accessing internet

windows 10 firewall blocking ancestry.com from accessing internet: it, appears others have had the same problem. However I cannot find any fix for the problem. thanks don I turned off the firewall but had the same error message....
  6. How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall?

How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall?: My Windows 10 is blocking Internet access to certain Web sites. Every time this happens, a notification about "virus & threat protection connection blocked" notification pops up. If I disable WDFW, I could get to the destinations in question. I don't want to have to repeat...
  7. how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?: as the subject reads, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-a-dll-file-from-the-windows/0abc878f-a165-40a1-8f52-c40c8e8fadd2
  8. How do I open DLL Files with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I open DLL Files with Windows 10?: How do I open DLL Files with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-dll-files-with-windows-10/8fa129ef-cc96-419e-9d6f-9a12cbe73327"
  9. Use AppLocker to Allow or Block DLL Files from Running in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use AppLocker to Allow or Block DLL Files from Running in Windows 10: How to: Use AppLocker to Allow or Block DLL Files from Running in Windows 10 How to Use AppLocker to Allow or Block DLL Files from Running in Windows 10 packaged apps (aka: Microsoft Store apps), and packaged app installers. AppLocker defines DLL rules to include...
  10. How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall: Hello! I want to block a certain application from any access to the internet, either inbound or outbound, so it will never attempt to upgrade. I went in the Advanced Settings in Windows Firewall but I can only block one-by-one the executable files (EXE) and this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open dll files

2. block dll firewall

3. .dll blocker software

4. block dll from accessing internet