Windows 10: how do I block a particular website in Windows 10 on all my browsers?

Discus and support how do I block a particular website in Windows 10 on all my browsers? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I block a particular website in Windows 10 on all my browsers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryEngley, Feb 12, 2019.

1. how do I block a particular website in Windows 10 on all my browsers?

how do I block a particular website in Windows 10 on all my browsers?

:)

MaryEngley, Feb 12, 2019
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

how do I block a particular website in Windows 10 on all my browsers? [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Feb 12, 2019
  3. How to restrict/block a website in a browser in Widnows 10.

Hello Genevieve,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

You can list the websites under Restricted sites list
    in Internet explorer website to block the access of a particular website on your PC.

Follow the steps below to list the website in Restricted site by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + R key on the keyboard to open the
      Run command box.

• Type inetcpl.cpl and press
      Enter

• From the window, click on the Security tab and select
      Restricted sites option from the Zone.

• Click on Sites located below the options and enter the website address in the
      Add this website to the zone.

• Click on Add button located adjacent to the box and check if the website will show under
      Websites: from the same page.

• Open the browser and check if you are not able to enter the website added to the
      Restricted sites.

Refer to the link below on Change security and privacy settings for Internet Explorer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-security-privacy-settings#ie=ie-11

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 12, 2019
  4. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have the document in the etc folder

how do I block a particular website in Windows 10 on all my browsers? [​IMG]

It is still a text file. And it does not block the website. I cannot do what you suggested by saving to docs and changing name. But at least its in the folder. Now how to make it work.

copiman, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I block a particular website in Windows 10 on all my browsers? - Similar Threads - block particular website

2. Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?: I'm sick and tired of finding articles about how to allow Google Chrome through the firewall. That's already been done. But there is a SPECIFIC WEBSITE that I know for a fact is safe because I've both used it for years and have no problem being on it on other computers that I...
  3. Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?: I'm sick and tired of finding articles about how to allow Google Chrome through the firewall. That's already been done. But there is a SPECIFIC WEBSITE that I know for a fact is safe because I've both used it for years and have no problem being on it on other computers that I...
  4. Windows Firewall is Block a WEBSITE. Not a Program... a WEBSITE. How Do I Unblock the WEBSITE?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do i block a website ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i block a website ?: I've tried the notepad method but the the host file doesn't show up, is there an alternative? Please help! submitted by /u/--PlusUltra-- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdhz4i/how_do_i_block_a_website/
  6. all my browser crashes on a website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all my browser crashes on a website: Hi, whenver i use this link https://www.investing.com/equities/interglobe-aviation-ltd-chart and use the chart in full screen mode, after 10-15 mins, all of a sudden, my browser as well as my whole laptop stop working. I tried this link in google chrome, Microsoft edge,...
  7. blocking a particular website on my internet browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking a particular website on my internet browser: How do I block a particular website on my website browser in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-a-particular-website-on-my-internet/5e2b3215-10f0-46e2-8b7f-c67a8f816da7
  8. How do I unblock a blocked website?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I unblock a blocked website?: This is a website that I have been using for several years. Now, after I sign on, when I try to get to the page I need, it says that the webpage is blocked. No, I do not have popups blocked....
  9. HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES

HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES: Hello can anyone please tell me how to block gambling websites I would like my partner to stop playing bingo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-websites/c4d30f13-5e57-4eb3-9b58-f649b6546cc6"
  10. how do I block a incoming website?

how do I block a incoming website?: I get obnoxious popups in the lower right corner of my screen from www.laptopmag.com. I there a way to block this site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-block-a-incoming-website/a43dd27e-a806-419f-99bf-d7828306fd19"