Windows 10: How do I block administrative permissions for a standard account?

Discus and support How do I block administrative permissions for a standard account? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I run a program as administrator on my standard account, it asks me to input my admin account password. How do I stop that from happening and just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Verified✔5, Nov 28, 2019.

1. How do I block administrative permissions for a standard account?

When I run a program as administrator on my standard account, it asks me to input my admin account password. How do I stop that from happening and just block the standard account user from running anything as administrator, basically not letting them run anything as admin full stop. Is it possible to do that? Oh I am running windows 10 pro by the way

:)

Verified✔5, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Nov 28, 2019
  3. E-one Win User
    Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

Thanks to all for taking the trouble to share your opinion. I personally have always had two accounts on my computer – administrator for administrator actions and standard for everyday use. The reason I'm asking is that some legitimate modern programs still require administrative permissions to run them in standard user. I suspect that some legitimate modern programs are unable to install updates in standard user even with administrative permissions. And some programs have limited functionality in standard user account. Last but not least, it's an extra work to set up and administer two accounts for one user of the computer and it takes up more space (relevant for SSD). This is all quite annoying.

As I’m the only user of my computer my only concern is adequate virus protection. I'm well aware of all the everyday hazard associated with using the computer in this day and age. I know how to use and properly configure antivirus software and firewall. So what I’m trying to find an answer to is whether or not UAC turns an administrator account into what is known as a protected administrator account, basically, an administrator account that runs with standard user account privileges. And if not, how much of a benefit for me to use standard user account for everyday work considering that I frequently have to deal with some of my programs constantly requiring administrative permissions to run and some are unable to install updates even with elevated permissions [in standard account].

E-one, Nov 28, 2019
  4. How do I block administrative permissions for a standard account?

Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

UAc only puts prompts on the screen. Guest/standard acount have many settings disabled. Which those settings are adjusted by the admin.

eidairaman1, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I block administrative permissions for a standard account?

1. How do I block administrative permissions for a standard account? - Similar Threads - block administrative permissions

2. Blocked admin account by standard account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked admin account by standard account: Hi ! please someone help me i need to tell you that i was setting some fuctions for me ..... ya i know i stupid but somehow i changed my account type to standard and block admin account ....i can't get admin powers and admin account is gone somewhere i need help please :...
  3. How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??: Hi I accidentally change my account administrator into an account standard and i don't know how to change it back , i literally do anything, and nothing is working. And i don't have an another account on my computer. I really don't know what to do , pls help !!!...
  4. As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...: As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected without their pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-an-administrator-how-do-i-access-a-standard/8ae847aa-8e03-4def-ba95-aabdc6ebced6
  5. As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...: As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected without their pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-an-administrator-how-do-i-access-a-standard/8ae847aa-8e03-4def-ba95-aabdc6ebced6
  6. As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  8. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  9. how to create a standard account to administrative account ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a standard account to administrative account ??: Hi! I have an standard account in my window 10 laptop and I want to create it as administrative account .I don`t find any solution plz help me in changing this .I have use command prompt also but when I type " net user administrator /active :yes " there come that "system...
  10. How do I change administrator permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change administrator permissions?: I am unable to delete files. Error message says to contact the administrator. I am the administrator, owner and sole user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrator-permissions/3535f0d4-0c0b-4af3-ad87-c1f49ff7b195"