Windows 10: How do I block Microsoft Store from Child Account in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support How do I block Microsoft Store from Child Account in Windows 10 Home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HI. Installed "child account" and now want to stop access to the Microsoft Store completely from this account. How do I accomplish this task? Registry... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by notsoeasy, Oct 6, 2019.

1. notsoeasy Win User

How do I block Microsoft Store from Child Account in Windows 10 Home

HI. Installed "child account" and now want to stop access to the Microsoft Store completely from this account. How do I accomplish this task? Registry fix? Lock out a web site? If so does anyone have the URL that I enter in the block this URL box? TIA Ron

:)

notsoeasy, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I block Microsoft Store from Child Account in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - block Microsoft Store

2. How to block Microsoft Store on Windows 11 Home Edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block Microsoft Store on Windows 11 Home Edition?: Hi there,I'm currently testing to restrict access to the device. I'm having trouble doing a test to block access to microsoft store, facebook, twitter, spotify on Windows 11 home edition, I block access via Windows AppLocker found in local security policy > Application...
  3. How to block Microsoft Store on Windows 11 Home Edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to block Microsoft Store on Windows 11 Home Edition?: Hi there,I'm currently testing to restrict access to the device. I'm having trouble doing a test to block access to microsoft store, facebook, twitter, spotify on Windows 11 home edition, I block access via Windows AppLocker found in local security policy > Application...
  4. How do I change my Microsoft Account from Child to Adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change my Microsoft Account from Child to Adult: Hi All,I have searched everywhere to change my microsoft account from my child as being the administrator to the adult. The information on the Microsoft page doesn't work and I am getting nowhere with this. Can anyone please explain how I get this changed.Thank you...
  5. How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family?

How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family?: There is no option under Apps, Content Restrictions, or anywhere that I see. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-youtube-from-my-child-in-microsoft/57f2caf2-1fbe-4ff0-8a5c-f95d434790ac
  6. How do I turn my primary Microsoft account from a Child account into an Adult account?

How do I turn my primary Microsoft account from a Child account into an Adult account?: Hi, Several years ago when making an Xbox account for the first time, I had to have my dad create a parent Microsoft account to help manage my profile. The years have passed and I am now a 21 year old adult. However, my Microsoft account and therefore Xbox account does...
  7. How to change a windows 10 local child account to a microsoft outlook child account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change a windows 10 local child account to a microsoft outlook child account?: I created a window 10 standard user account for my child. I did not know how to create a child microsoft outlook email account at the time I created the windows 10 login for my child. I now have a child's outlook email that I want the windows 10 child account to link to. How...
  8. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  9. Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles

Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles: Hi I'm running Windows Pro Build 1903 and logged in with my (Adult) Outlook.com account. I have an account for my Son who uses Xbox with a 'Child' account. I have setup the Child account with blocking websites etc which works fine when he logs in. However, he can access...
  10. program blocking for child account

program blocking for child account: In Windows 7, I was able to basically block all programs. That is, all programs would be blocked unless the admin password was entered. There was also a way to allow certain programs without password. I can't seem to figure out how to do a similar thing in Windows 10. Did...