Windows 10: how do I block users from seeing certain websites?

Discus and support how do I block users from seeing certain websites? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; this would be on a computer that I don't have admin rights too. is their some way to stop a user from accessing certain websites? 126061 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ale64, Jan 26, 2019.

1. ale64 Win User

how do I block users from seeing certain websites?

this would be on a computer that I don't have admin rights too. is their some way to stop a user from accessing certain websites?

:)

ale64, Jan 26, 2019
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

how do I block users from seeing certain websites? [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Jan 26, 2019
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Jan 26, 2019
  4. CJCerny Win User

Redirect certain webpages to kittens

Don't know about the kitten thing, but I do know that blocking "all NSFW" websites is gonna require a service/software that is updated regularly. This can either be done with software or with a router that supports such a feature, since the list of NSFW websites is constantly changing. Suggest you start with the option for family friendly surfing that is included as part of Windows Live Essentials.

CJCerny, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I block users from seeing certain websites? - Similar Threads - block users seeing

2. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?: I keep getting very annoyed because roblox heavily prefers to take inputs from my controller over my mouse and keyboard, so I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable my controller but only inside roblox, as unplugging it is not an option because I always have...
  3. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?: I keep getting very annoyed because roblox heavily prefers to take inputs from my controller over my mouse and keyboard, so I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable my controller but only inside roblox, as unplugging it is not an option because I always have...
  4. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I really block certain websites?

in Browsers and Email
    how do I really block certain websites?: Apparently, Windows 10 does not honor the hosts file, so I'm a bit confused as to how to block access to certain sites (specifically, I want to block YouTube on the computer that kids are using for online school classes, but the question is general, not about the specific...
  6. Why do see Javascript:void(0) on certain websites

in Browsers and Email
    Why do see Javascript:void(0) on certain websites: I use Firefox 74.0.1 latest version and on certain websites ( not dodgy ones ) i see at bottom left side of screen... Javascript:void(0) ...Do i need install Java ?....or Java plug in for Firefox ?........i thought Java had potential security flaws . Clearing cache,cookies...
  7. Why do see Javascript:void(0) on certain websites

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do see Javascript:void(0) on certain websites: I use Firefox 74.0.1 latest version and on certain websites ( not dodgy ones ) i see at bottom left side of screen... Javascript:void(0) ...Do i need install Java ?....or Java plug in for Firefox ?........i thought Java had potential security flaws . Clearing cache,cookies...
  8. How do i block a website ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i block a website ?: I've tried the notepad method but the the host file doesn't show up, is there an alternative? Please help! submitted by /u/--PlusUltra-- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdhz4i/how_do_i_block_a_website/
  9. How do I unblock a blocked website?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I unblock a blocked website?: This is a website that I have been using for several years. Now, after I sign on, when I try to get to the page I need, it says that the webpage is blocked. No, I do not have popups blocked....
  10. HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES: Hello can anyone please tell me how to block gambling websites I would like my partner to stop playing bingo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-websites/c4d30f13-5e57-4eb3-9b58-f649b6546cc6"