Windows 10: how do I block users from seeing certain websites?

Discus and support how do I block users from seeing certain websites? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; this would be on a computer that I don't have admin rights too. is their some way to stop a user from accessing certain websites? 126061 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ale64, Jan 26, 2019.

1. ale64 Win User

how do I block users from seeing certain websites?

this would be on a computer that I don't have admin rights too. is their some way to stop a user from accessing certain websites?

:)

ale64, Jan 26, 2019
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

how do I block users from seeing certain websites? [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Jan 26, 2019
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Jan 26, 2019
  4. CJCerny Win User

Redirect certain webpages to kittens

Don't know about the kitten thing, but I do know that blocking "all NSFW" websites is gonna require a service/software that is updated regularly. This can either be done with software or with a router that supports such a feature, since the list of NSFW websites is constantly changing. Suggest you start with the option for family friendly surfing that is included as part of Windows Live Essentials.

CJCerny, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I block users from seeing certain websites? - Similar Threads - block users seeing

2. how to block websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to block websites: How do I block websites giving unwanted pop ups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-websites/8b2ed814-5423-40bc-b846-6399ce363e74
  3. How can I ban / restrict myself from certain websites?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I ban / restrict myself from certain websites?: I have addiction to certain websites (NOT adult sites) that I want to block myself for a certain period of time . Is there any freeware or low price software to do so? Windows 10 environment It should work on all browsers otherwise it's not useful.... 132476
  4. Connection resets on certain websites, how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection resets on certain websites, how do I fix?: I didn't touch my computer throughout Winter Break, when I got back I noticed that some websites wouldn't connect. Temp fix is to spam refresh until it reaches the page. Laptop is a Dell XPS 15 (2017), running regular Windows 10. Problem: Certain websites will display a...
  5. How do I unblock a blocked website?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I unblock a blocked website?: This is a website that I have been using for several years. Now, after I sign on, when I try to get to the page I need, it says that the webpage is blocked. No, I do not have popups blocked....
  6. HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES: Hello can anyone please tell me how to block gambling websites I would like my partner to stop playing bingo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-websites/c4d30f13-5e57-4eb3-9b58-f649b6546cc6"
  7. Blocked from websites because of other users permissions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blocked from websites because of other users permissions: I am on a shared computer. The other users dont know how to log out when they leave for the day, and the computer locks when theyve been inactive for a bit. The other users have not been given internet access. When I log in and try to visit any website I get a page that says...
  8. block websites

in Windows 10 Support
    block websites: hello. i have an annoying set of websites showing ads popping up each time I visit a specific page. now i have already got the extensions 'ad block' and 'ad block plus' running in the background but on these websites it does not seem to pick up on anything. i have added the...
  9. how do I block a incoming website?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I block a incoming website?: I get obnoxious popups in the lower right corner of my screen from www.laptopmag.com. I there a way to block this site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-block-a-incoming-website/a43dd27e-a806-419f-99bf-d7828306fd19"
  10. How to Block Websites

in Browsers and Email
    How to Block Websites: I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps. How to block websites | PCWorld Here...