Windows 10: How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family?

Discus and support How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; There is no option under Apps, Content Restrictions, or anywhere that I see.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ABColbert, Sep 24, 2020.

1. ABColbert Win User

How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family?

There is no option under Apps, Content Restrictions, or anywhere that I see.

:)

ABColbert, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Have you tried manually removing YouTube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which YouTube might not be included. So, to have YouTube exempted
    on the list, please follow the steps below.

• On any computer, sign in to the
      Family Safety
      home page with your Windows Live ID.
    Click Edit settings under the name of the child/member whose settings you want to change, and then click
    Web filtering lists. Under Allow or block a website, type or paste into the box the web address of the website that you want to block. Select an option from the list, and then click
    Add. Click Save.

Don't forget to refresh your Family Safety settings to update the changes you made on the website. To refresh the settings, login to the Family Safety client installed on your PC and click the
    Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if YouTube is now accessible or not.

Refer the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/set-pc-limits

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 24, 2020
  3. windows 10 family safety not blocking youtube

Hi,

Have you tried manually removing Youtube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which Youtube might not be included. So, to have Youtube exempted
    on the list, please follow the steps below.

• On any computer, sign in to the
      Family Safety
      home page with your Windows Live ID.
    Click Edit settings under the name of the child/member whose settings you want to change, and then click
    Web filtering lists. Under Allow or block a website, type or paste into the box the web address of the website that you want to block. Select an option from the list, and then click
    Add. Click Save.

Don't forget to refresh your Family Safety settings to update the changes you made on the website. To refresh the settings, login to the Family Safety client installed on your PC and click the
    Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of ?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if Youtube is now accessible or not.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Tonyfun Win User

Microsoft Family blocking google, youtube, facebook, yahoo for child accounts

This simply does not work as it should..... I also have 2 adults & 2 children set up with MS family safety on windows 10 PC's.

Adults can access all websites fine... Kids cannot access youtube / google ect...

I want my children to access youtube & google as I am confident that I have good ISP blocking as well as we talk to our children to understand the dangers of the internet ect... My children use google all the time for home work researching.

My point is this.... EVEN WHEN I TURN OFF FILTERING for my kids accounts it continues to block these websites. Even if I add them to the white list it blocks these sites...Whats the point of a white list if it still does not let your kids have access to
    it.

This happens no matter what browser I use (Chrome / IE / Firefox).

As a parent I should be able to decide what is available to my kids using the whitelist but this simply does not work as I stated at start of thread.

All this means now is that like me many other parents will have to take there childrens account off there family list and setup individually meaning no more control over time limits / all the other bad websites other than google / youtube are available to
    them ect ect...

Key points:

1. Whitelist that doesn't allow you to whitelist Google / Youtube

2. Turning off Web filtering still restricts your childs account

3. Parents having to remove child accounts to enable access to youtube & Google (Probably the most common websites in the world)

Microsofts Family Safety is a great concept to intergrate into your account, it just needs to be further tweaked to enable parents to actually have the power to control there activities rather than Microsoft white blanketing everything for everyone.

Tonyfun, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I block YouTube from my child in Microsoft Family? - Similar Threads - block YouTube child

2. How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!: My co-worker couldn't get Windows 11 to set up on a new HP laptop. I'm the IT manager in our factory and even I couldn't get it to work. I decided to reformat and install a fresh copy of Windows 11.The laptop was for his son. I finished the install and everything works...
  3. How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!: My co-worker couldn't get Windows 11 to set up on a new HP laptop. I'm the IT manager in our factory and even I couldn't get it to work. I decided to reformat and install a fresh copy of Windows 11.The laptop was for his son. I finished the install and everything works...
  4. Microsoft Family Settings not working properly and blocking my child from using Google...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Settings not working properly and blocking my child from using Google...: My child is using Google Classroom for remote schooling. Naturally, it works better with Google Chrome, which she has been using since school started in September. After one of the latest Microsoft updates, suddenly Chrome is no longer available to her. A Microsoft Family...
  5. how to block Youtube on Microsoft family

how to block Youtube on Microsoft family: my son is 14 year very savvy pc gamer... we have found that microsoft family is the best way to control the time he spends in front of hi computer. he has in own Msoft email, windows login for his computer. but when he is attending virtual class he has Msoft teams in one...
  6. How do I block YouTube in Microsoft Family?

How do I block YouTube in Microsoft Family?: How do I block YouTube in Microsoft Family? I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find a way to block it. Under the Content Restrictions tab > Always blocked, there is not a way to add a blocked App, Game, or Media Under the Content Restrictions tab > Web browsing, there is...
  7. Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing

Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing: My child is able to remove themselves from our Microsoft Family monitoring making the restrictions we set useless. Is there a way to prevent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-how-to-prevent-child-from/c3b43da6-ee69-4a65-978d-cd05236b2fe5
  8. Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube

Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube: My daughter can't access YouTube, it redirects her to a YouTube kids message. I've allowed content for 16 year old on her Microsoft Family settings, and have even tried allowing all content. She is using Windows 10S, so her only browser is Edge. Additionally, it only blocks...
  9. Child removed from family he still blocked

Child removed from family he still blocked: Hi, I added a child on my family group then I removed but he still cannot access to apps that were monitored. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-removed-from-family-he-still-blocked/439213ee-3d91-44c5-8666-049e6ae8c979"
  10. Removing a Child from Microsoft Family

Removing a Child from Microsoft Family: Hello Microsoft Community, My parents wanted to change my account from child to adult status and it seems that there is no way to do this without removing the child from the family and re-adding them as an adult. My account, the one that they are trying to change, is used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows family block YouTube