Windows 10: How do I boot 32-bit Windows on an ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA?

Discus and support How do I boot 32-bit Windows on an ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a brand new ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA notebook which came preinstalled with Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language (64-bit) version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arthur Durand, Nov 6, 2018.

1. How do I boot 32-bit Windows on an ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA?

I bought a brand new ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA notebook which came preinstalled with Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language (64-bit) version 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

The technical specifications of the notebook is as follows
    Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3060 @ 1.60GHz, 1601Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. X541SA.301, 2016/09/14
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2,00 GB

I completed the OOBE and got so frustrated with how slow the notebook PC was! So I figure that it was due to the OS being 64-bit on a system with only 2GB of RAM as well as all the bloatware that came preinstalled!

I downloaded 32-bit Windows 10 from Official Microsoft using the Media Creation Tool and burned the image to a disc. I booted from the disk, but it simply wouldn't boot UEFI so I enabled Legacy boot mode and booted from the disc! While booted from the disc I created a backup folder on the hard drive and moved all of the folders in the root of the drive to the backup folder and applied the appropriate Windows image to the OS partition using DISM, then I formatted the SYSTEM partition to create boot files. The hard drive is obviously formatted GPT so I had to create EFI boot files on the SYSTEM partition.

I am unable to boot with a 32-bit EFI! however I am able to boot 64-bit EFI successfully! After several failed attempts to boot 32-bit EFI, I booted 64-bit EFI from a 64-bit Windows 10 installation disc, deleted all the files and folders of the new installation and moved all the folders back to its original location and recreated the boot files! The laptop is in the same state it was before and its working! I would still love to install 32-bit Windows 10 to get better performance!

I believe the reason why the notebook fails to boot 32-bit EFI has something to do with the Secure Boot Key Management in the BIOS setup on the Security page, I'm just not sure what to do there!

I am unable to ask for any advice from ASUS as the suggested MyASUS app keeps on crashing on launch!

:)

Arthur Durand, Nov 6, 2018

2. Back light for keyboard

I have had my asus laptop for a year now i don't know how to turn my keyboard back lights on. I tried fn + fn3 or fn4 but it only changes the light on the laptop screen. Is there any way you can help me to fix this problem? I have a VivoBook
    Max X541SA. i have windows 10 home

emmamurray1, Nov 6, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    ASUS Releases the Touch-Powered ASUS VivoBook S500

ASUS is excited to announce immediate availability of the VivoBook S500 in North America. ASUS VivoBook S500 showcases an attractive, durable, and portable 15.6" design that includes a 3rd generation Intel Core processor for excellent multitasking performance, touch enabled high-definition display, ASUS SonicMaster audio, and hybrid SSD/HD drive options.

ASUS VivoBook S500 is designed with stylish aesthetics, true-to-life sound, and instinctive touch capabilities via the highly responsive multi-point HD touch panel or the oversized touchpad incorporating ASUS Smart Gesture technology. It is ideal for the increasingly cloud-based nature of computing with seamless connectivity options and a slim form factor for easy mobility. True 2-second instant on resume from sleep mode provides near-instantaneous access to Windows 8 and its energy-conserving design allows standby for up to two weeks.

How do I boot 32-bit Windows on an ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA? 91a_thm.jpg

Availability & Pricing – North America
    Suggested MSRP pricing of the ASUS VivoBook S500 starts at $699 or higher depending on model configuration. Availability is immediate at leading resellers in North America.

btarunr, Nov 6, 2018
  4. ConiGL Win User

How do I boot 32-bit Windows on an ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA?

ConiGL, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

How do I boot 32-bit Windows on an ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA?

1. How do I boot 32-bit Windows on an ASUS VivoBook Max X541SA? - Similar Threads - boot bit ASUS

2. How do I install Windows 7 on an Asus VivoBook F515E

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 7 on an Asus VivoBook F515E: The system has the i5-1135G7 processor with Intel Optane and runs on a M2 as main drive. Graphics Card is the Intel Iris X.I have used Rufus, created a bootable Windows 7 USB stick, installed the NVME drivers as well as the USB 3.0 drivers on it. Windows 7 is loading up but...
  3. How do I install Windows 7 on an Asus VivoBook F515E

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Windows 7 on an Asus VivoBook F515E: The system has the i5-1135G7 processor with Intel Optane and runs on a M2 as main drive. Graphics Card is the Intel Iris X.I have used Rufus, created a bootable Windows 7 USB stick, installed the NVME drivers as well as the USB 3.0 drivers on it. Windows 7 is loading up but...
  4. How do I dual-boot between 32-bit Windows 10 and Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I dual-boot between 32-bit Windows 10 and Windows 11?: I bought a new Dell installed with Windows 11 Pro and I need to dual-boot with a drive running 32-bit Windows 10 I have some old software that won't run on 64-bit Windows. I'm able to connect the old drive to the new machine and I can see the files on the drive but I can't...
  5. Problems with Windows on an Asus Vivobook Max X531SA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Windows on an Asus Vivobook Max X531SA: I work at a computer repair shop, a week or so ago a lady brought in her laptop saying that the screen is completely black, on my inspection I found that the screen is on but it's dark and I can move the cursor, I did a fresh Windows install and it worked fine for about 5...
  6. Asus Vivobook

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asus Vivobook: I just purchased an Asus Vivobook. Once I set up my laptop I purchased windows 10 Pro via the Microsoft store. The upgrade did not work and I am unable to download the upgrade, but the charge went through. Is there someway to get a license key to correct the issue?...
  7. HOw do I change window 32 bit to 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOw do I change window 32 bit to 64 bit?: HOw do I change window 32 bit to 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-window-32-bit-to-64-bit/e7163e22-e272-4f03-a81f-04e92f996d5f
  8. ASUS VivoBook Max System black screen

ASUS VivoBook Max System black screen: i get stuck with a black screen in pc after system update. who can help. screenshoot.jpg asus vevoBook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-vivobook-max-system-black-screen/0432f059-b8aa-4d78-8a8c-9d54c99a1d4b
  9. Asus vivobook

Asus vivobook: I am setting up an asus vivobook, once, I am passed link your phone and pc, it goes onto a white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-vivobook/321ee75e-f7be-4463-a0da-1444f239a420
  10. ASUS VivoBook Max F541NA freezez when I use it connected on the charger.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS VivoBook Max F541NA freezez when I use it connected on the charger.: My PC works okay when not connected on the charger, but it work for like 15 minutes and crushes when connected on the charger, either I am using it or not. Any one familiar with this and can help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how i can install a 32 bit app in my assus vivobook