Windows 10: How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop?

Discus and support How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop? According to Google it says press esc repeatedly and then f9. I did this and it did not work so I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hollyoaks777, Nov 18, 2015.

1. How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop?

How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop? According to Google it says press esc repeatedly and then f9. I did this and it did not work so I went into the BIOS and changed boot order to cd/dvd drive at the top but it will not boot do I have to press another key? Thank you in advance.

:)

hollyoaks777, Nov 18, 2015

2. Windows 10 Recovery Drive

My HP crashed last night from windows 10 crap....I created the ISO media disc but when I install it in the dvd drive the computer starts the disc turns but nothing comes up on the screen??? How do I boot from the DVD drive upon start up on an HP Pavillion???

Tom &Terri, Nov 18, 2015
  3. pedhambe Win User
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Mohammed:.

I am unable to boot from the CD/DVD.

I put the downloaded IOS version of Windows 10 on a DVD and changed the boot order on my HP dm4 to put the internal CD/DVD drive at the top of the boot order list. After powering the laptop, it fails to boot from the CD/DVD. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

pedhambe, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop?

First question is, is the DVD disc supposed to be bootable, for example is it a Windows install disc or a Linux LiveDVD? Second question, does the drive otherwise work correctly in Windows?

Berton, Nov 18, 2015
  5. Yes it's Bootable Windows 7 pro disc, and the drive works fine. I just can't get it to boot. I went into the BIOS and changed the boot order and F10 save and exit and then F9 to boot from cd/dvd drive. But it only gives me these options when I press F9. Getting sick of Windows 10 Home not responding happens daily, so trying to give Windows 10 Professional a shot before I go back to Windows 7 pro. [img=http://s29.postimg.org/bu5rbw6bn/Boot_options_when_I_press_F9.jpg]

hollyoaks777, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop?

1. How do I boot from dvd drive on HP laptop? - Similar Threads - boot dvd drive

2. How do I open the CD/DVD Drive on my HP Desktop M01-F3214

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open the CD/DVD Drive on my HP Desktop M01-F3214: I’ve been trying all day to get it open and nothing works. There’s no disks inserted, i just need a straight forward answer on how to get it open....
  3. How do I open the CD/DVD Drive on my HP Desktop M01-F3214

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open the CD/DVD Drive on my HP Desktop M01-F3214: I’ve been trying all day to get it open and nothing works. There’s no disks inserted, i just need a straight forward answer on how to get it open....
  4. How to boot a PC to the DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to boot a PC to the DVD Drive: Hi my wife has a MEDION MD 34045/2521 PC running W10 Home fully updated and I believe the HDD may be failing as everything takes a long time to open/work. The HDD passes the tests with Seatools for Windows but I have seen in the pass where Seatools for Windows pass a HDD...
  5. Boot from a DVD?

Boot from a DVD?: I got a new computer but when I put a bootable DVD it won't boot from it, it just goes back into windows 10? What can I do to make it boot from my DVD? 162249
  6. hp pavilion dvd drive

hp pavilion dvd drive: after installing win10 dvd will play music but not videos, movies or read data files. dvd is listed under device manager but not shown in devices and printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-dvd-drive/cb40d032-1420-4067-9d0f-a9a75856a4d0
  7. how do i play cd or dvd from external drive on Windows10?

how do i play cd or dvd from external drive on Windows10?: Sorry, I'm a newbie.....the external drive appears on Settings but Idon't see how to make disc play??? tia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-cd-or-dvd-from-external-drive-on/4778abc5-6323-4d87-b2d0-ebdbd5fc7306
  8. How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?

How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?: How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-dvd-drive-on-my-hp-computer/bc737902-bbd1-4c51-9b79-fdde2d175d43
  9. How Do I Boot From a DVD - Dell AIO

How Do I Boot From a DVD - Dell AIO: I have my parents' 6 month old Dell All-In-One monstrosity. Since these is practically nothing on the chassis beyond the service tag number I had to use that to determine that it's a Dell Inspiron 24 5488 with a 64 bit Windows 10 OS. I have no idea if it's Home or Pro.I have...
  10. Laptop will not boot at all, not even from DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop will not boot at all, not even from DVD: Hello everyone, I'm new here. The other day I was trying to install Ubuntu on my laptop. I searched the Internet for a guide, and it told me to use a software to create a bootable USB and let BIOS boot from it. I did that, and attempted to change it to boot USB as the...