Windows 10: How do I boot into DOS?

Discus and support How do I boot into DOS? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, you know something I don't know. From your reply, it looked like you only read the thread title, not his actual post. Now I know the rest of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Apr 1, 2017.

1. bro67 Win User

How do I boot into DOS?

I had to go back and look at his posts. As someone that I was like him when I started learning about using Linux, I did stay away at the early stages of Linux to use it with Windows, because we did not have the tools that we do now. I use Linux mostly for when I need to get into a drive that I cannot do with other ways or to use Clonezilla to image a drive.

bro67, Apr 4, 2017

2. The only time I use Linux is when I'm on my Raspberry Pi. I do spend a fair bit of time in the terminal window there and I'm actually learning a bit. That or Python. I hardly even open the command prompt on my PC these days. Usually just to do up some bootable media or check a few other things after a new build comes out. I'm retired so its just my home PC's and those of a few friends I have to deal with. What I do on the Windows side these days is usually pretty simple stuff.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2017
  3. bro67 Win User
    I am in the same boat. If I need Windows, it would mean swapping out a drive on my wife's laptop that she never uses and hope that Microsoft has not screwed something up. Knowing the tools for Linux is the best thing that everyone should know, since the Forensics tools help in rescuing stuff off of portable media and Windows.

bro67, Apr 5, 2017
  4. How do I boot into DOS?

The stuff I'm doing is "apt-get" to install packages for Hats, pHats and bonnets. And config file edits to get other bits of hardware working. Nothing too fancy. I spend most of my time in Windows, I just don't tinker around in Windows like I used to. If I was still working it would likely be different. I don't run Linux on my Desktop or Laptop, only on my Raspberry Pi.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I boot into DOS?

1. How do I boot into DOS? - Similar Threads - boot DOS

2. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  3. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  4. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...
  5. WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...: WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"- nothing works!This happens just after the computer logo appears when started.This happened after the latest WIndows 10 update... HELP...
  6. WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...: WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"- nothing works!This happens just after the computer logo appears when started.This happened after the latest WIndows 10 update... HELP...
  7. WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows dos not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows dos not boot: Hi, I tried to upgrade to windows 10 21H1 yesterday and I needed to pull out my pc when it started thundering outside so now windows can't boot when it boots I get that the file BCD error code 0xc0000098 I have tried rebuilding the BCD but I may have done it incorrectly and I...
  9. Removing old DOS dual-boot menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing old DOS dual-boot menu: Back in the day, this PC dual booted to either W7 or 10, each on a separate drive. At start up, the classic DOS boot choice menu would offer either. If not chosen manually the default O/S would boot. Today, W7 is history, and that entry in the msconfig/boot menu has been...
  10. Unble to boot window 10 on free dos Lenovo ideapad 330

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unble to boot window 10 on free dos Lenovo ideapad 330: Dear sir I am unable to boot window 10 on Lenovo ideapad 330 . After selecting USB disk , it again come come to dos screen . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unble-to-boot-window-10-on-free-dos-lenovo-ideapad/3c5c247b-ed63-4423-8c7c-cc4bfa159667