Windows 10: How do I burn files to a CD or DVD

Discus and support How do I burn files to a CD or DVD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a message to say Files Ready to be written to a CD But I don't know what to do next. I found the Burn Button but when I Click on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Aug 22, 2015.

1. How do I burn files to a CD or DVD

I've got a message to say Files Ready to be written to a CD

But I don't know what to do next.

I found the Burn Button but when I Click on it nothing happens, maybe I should have done something else first?

Please can someone talk me through the process of burning to a CD as at this point I am lost

:)

Cyberdesigner, Aug 22, 2015

2. What type of disc should i use for burning pictures and videos and how do I do it?

Any blank CD or DVD will do. Windows 10 CD burning options will give you the option to create the type of CD you want.

Windows 10 Beginner: How to Burn Files to CD or DVD

Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Burning Program.

There really is no name that I am aware of it. To me its known as the built in burner.

You can access it by inserting a blank cd or dvd, you will get an auto play window prompting what to do, select Burn Files or Burn a DVD Video disk.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/burn-cd-dvd-win...

tamara_sadel, Aug 22, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

How do I burn files to a CD or DVD

Right click the file(s) and select SEND TO then DVD DRIVE

Open File Explorer, highlight your CD/DVD drive and select FINISH BURNING.

How do I burn files to a CD or DVD [​IMG]

If you don't see the commands at the top, click on the down arrow in the top right-hand corner to show the command ribbon:

How do I burn files to a CD or DVD [​IMG]

Make sure you have blank writable media in the drive before you click BURN.
    That's it!

If you're still having problems, you could try a program like ImgBURN. Just be sure you don't install any of the "extras" when installing it.

simrick, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Excellent! Thank you very much.

Now I know where I was going wrong, I didn't highlight the DVD Drive. Doh!

Cyberdesigner, Aug 22, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Glad you got it sorted! Have fun!

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I burn files to a CD or DVD

1. How do I burn files to a CD or DVD - Similar Threads - burn files DVD

2. how do I burn files on cd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I burn files on cd?: I have an old laptop with a cd/dvd drive. I want to copy some files on a cd, but I don't understand how. Maybe someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong? I managed to copy my files to cd, but when I check, they are not there. It asks me to burn the files. How do I do...
  3. how do I burn files on cd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I burn files on cd?: I have an old laptop with a cd/dvd drive. I want to copy some files on a cd, but I don't understand how. Maybe someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong? I managed to copy my files to cd, but when I check, they are not there. It asks me to burn the files. How do I do...
  4. CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's: I am trying to burn a DVD using Roxio Creator, and also tried another software, but they start and seem to be working but the DVD ejects and won't burn the files. The device worked before the latest Windows update. I've tried burning a CD, and DVD+R DL with the same...
  5. About CD, DVD burning.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About CD, DVD burning.: Man ir dators HP 250 G3 Notebook PC un DVD-Rom SD-R2412. Dators zina DVD bet neraksta no datora mapes uz diska. Kas par lietu? Translated from Latvian: I have a PC HP 250 G3 Notebook PC and DVD-Rom SD-R2412. Your computer knows the DVD but doesn't write from a folder on...
  6. CD/DVD Burning

CD/DVD Burning: Why dont you have the burning software anymore? The apps in the store are horrible and not enough options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-burning/6e377ca9-f5eb-476f-be9e-c8bc0a7c327f
  7. App for burning cd/dvd

App for burning cd/dvd: App for burning cd/dvd Free or compatible with Win 10 Rich https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-for-burning-cddvd/51bf2264-615e-4c26-83cd-7ab7cdce7eea"
  8. how to burn file to cd

how to burn file to cd: how do I burn a pdf to a cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-burn-file-to-cd/a3de1681-1bad-4c8b-9683-f7f57d6d80e2"
  9. How do I burn a DVD?

How do I burn a DVD?: Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial for this? In Windows it was quite straightforward, I do it in Windows Explorer. File Explorer in Win10 though? I'm lost. I've got to the bit where I name the DVD and the window is there showing me the files waiting to...
  10. CD/DVD will not burn cd's

CD/DVD will not burn cd's: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a Toshiba L645D-4040 with a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ890AS CD/DVD drive. I cannot burn a cd with it, using 3 different programs. It plays DVD's and Cd's fine. I have searched for the answer for 5 hours now and cannot find a solution. 54701