Windows 10: How do I burn folders to a CD?

Discus and support How do I burn folders to a CD? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I burn multiple folders with their contents to a CD? I watched a video that showed using file explorer and it had a burn CD tab up in the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveRNV, Jun 30, 2021.

1. DaveRNV Win User

How do I burn folders to a CD?

How do I burn multiple folders with their contents to a CD? I watched a video that showed using file explorer and it had a burn CD tab up in the top area but mine does not have that. Is there an option that adds that to file explorer?

:)

DaveRNV, Jun 30, 2021

2. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to Burn CDs using Express burn software?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions:

• What is the version of the Windows Media Player you are using? To find the version, you may refer the article on

How to determine the version of Windows Media Player
    • Did you receive any error code or error message when you attempted to burn a CD using Windows Media Player?

By default the ripped files from Windows Media Player are stored in the Music folder, you can open the Music folder and you will be able to find all the ripped files.

Since you have installed the Express burn by NCH software, to transfer the albums to the Express burn software, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Express burn software.
    2. Click on File.
    3. Click on Add files or folders.
    4. Navigate to Music folder and select the files.
    5. Once the files are selected click on Burn.
    6. Follow the onscreen instructions to burn a CD.

Alternatively, you can follow the steps from the article
    Burn and rip CDs
    to burn and rip CDs using Windows Media Player.

Note: The above article is for Windows 8.1 and 7. However, it holds good for Windows 10 also.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I burn folders to a CD? - Similar Threads - burn folders

2. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  3. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  4. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...: Do you suggest me to get a new laptop instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-think-ive-burned-my-windows-10-screen-i-have/a508b423-4f19-43b9-b7ca-ca43e027c5e7
  6. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...: Do you suggest me to get a new laptop instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-think-ive-burned-my-windows-10-screen-i-have/a508b423-4f19-43b9-b7ca-ca43e027c5e7
  7. when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it: when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-burn-data-to-cd-disc-why-does-it-always-say/c7286c53-ccfe-4409-84e4-0d334eb58a92
  8. when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it

when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it: when I burn data to cd disc why does it always say "tempory burn folder". I can't change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-burn-data-to-cd-disc-why-does-it-always-say/c7286c53-ccfe-4409-84e4-0d334eb58a92
  9. My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder: I was looking for some files on my computer when I noticed that the Desktop folder is called Temporary Burn Folder. I don't know why it's called that. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder: Doing a search of a directory of photos now suddenly results are showing up that list my pictures as located in folder "Temporary Burn Folder". They aren't in that folder. One suggestion I found was to open the Run Box {<Windows><R>} and type shell:cd...