Windows 10: how do I buy a Windows product key?

Discus and support how do I buy a Windows product key? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to make a gift of a product key of Windows 10 pro for a family member. How I can do that??? I thougth I just can buy it and send it. Let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AsdrubalOvalles, Aug 18, 2020.

1. how do I buy a Windows product key?

I want to make a gift of a product key of Windows 10 pro for a family member.

How I can do that??? I thougth I just can buy it and send it.

Let me know your comments

thanks

:)

AsdrubalOvalles, Aug 18, 2020

2. How to retain the lost product key?

There is nothing you can do. The software itself is nothing. All of the money is in the product key. Throw that away and the only recourse is to buy Windows again in order to get a new key.

At least if he buys Windows from the Windows Store his product key is preserved in his Store account permanently and he can retrieve it just by logging in. I suggest that his next step is to purchase Windows from the Windows Store. He won't have to reinstall
    Windows if he buys the same edition as is on the hard drive now.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2020
  4. how do I buy a Windows product key?

buy product key

Hello,

I have an old HP laptop with Windows 8 version. The windows has not been active since I bought the laptop in 2014. I tried many times to buy a product key online but in vain. How can I now buy Windows 8 product key and download all drives.

Best wishes

Dima Al Bitar

DimaAl Bitar, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

how do I buy a Windows product key?

1. how do I buy a Windows product key? - Similar Threads - buy product key

2. How to buy a Product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to buy a Product key?: I have Windows 10 home installed on my computer which it is not activated.So I need to buy a product key to activate it. I have checked Microsoft website and Microsoft store but I can find the link to buy a product key. Can anyone help me to buy a product key for Windows 10...
  3. How to buy a Product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to buy a Product key?: I have Windows 10 home installed on my computer which it is not activated.So I need to buy a product key to activate it. I have checked Microsoft website and Microsoft store but I can find the link to buy a product key. Can anyone help me to buy a product key for Windows 10...
  4. How to buy a Product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  6. How do i buy a windows 11 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i buy a windows 11 product key: where can i buy a windows 11 product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-buy-a-windows-11-product-key/a6d3190f-584a-4636-81ff-144f082c0e29
  7. How do i buy a windows 11 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i buy a windows 11 product key: where can i buy a windows 11 product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-buy-a-windows-11-product-key/a6d3190f-584a-4636-81ff-144f082c0e29
  8. Do I need to buy a new product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to buy a new product key?: I recently built a new PC, and need to activate windows on this new one. A friend of mine told me I could contact support and have them give me a product key, but I couldnt find any info on it. Do I need to buy a new one or can I get a free one? -The last PC I had was...
  9. how/where to buy product key?

how/where to buy product key?: i want to buy a product key of windows 10 home for my pc but i cant get any clear info on the easiest way to do it. is there a version i can buy that just comes with the key or would a disc version come with a key so i could not use the disc? what's the difference between a...
  10. Buying Product Keys

Buying Product Keys: I am looking to find a website to buy Windows 10 keys, I also need them to be reliable, if going to the MS store and buying w10 pro for msrp is the only option I have then so be it. Thanks for any input. submitted by /u/StockVortec [link] [comments]...