Windows 10: How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account?

Discus and support How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I ran into a teaser of a problem and I would like to know if anyone has a way around it.A new customer asked me to setup 2 computers for new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TedMittelstaedt, Jun 25, 2022.

1. How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account?

Today I ran into a teaser of a problem and I would like to know if anyone has a way around it.A new customer asked me to setup 2 computers for new employees. I show up and there are 2 machines sitting there running Windows 10 at a login screen. Both of these were Windows 10 Home systems I found that out laterThis customer is small and did not have a domain so every one of their machines is either Home, or Pro in Workgroup mode. they have 8 machinesThey use a local ISP for their email, and they run Outlook on their machines and connect via IMAP and used office 365 for the apps. They als

:)

TedMittelstaedt, Jun 25, 2022
  2. hujorgen Win User

Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass

I run small IT Services company (Country Computer Guy) and have install/re-installed Windows 10 many times with minimal issues. I am setting up a refurbished Dell Outlet Inspiron 15 - 7573 2-in-1 laptop with a Windows 10 Home build for a customer. The laptop came directly from the DelI Outlet. I believe it to be either 1809, 1903 or possibly 1909. I don't know the build version as I can't get passed the "Sign in with Microsoft account" screen. I want to use a local account as per my customer's request. Upon power up the Microsoft setup runs as normal until it gets to creating an account. In my experience the installation/setup defaults to setting up or using a Microsoft account but there is usually a way to bypass this and use a local account instead. There are no options to bypass signing in with a Microsoft account.

I will probably sign in with my own Microsoft account and then try to create a local account.

Has anyone else seen this? is there a way to bypass signing in with a Microsoft account or is this the norm going forward?

Thank you in advance,

+=+ performed a full system reset and the setup went as normal and I was able to create a local account. +=+

Michael

hujorgen, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jun 25, 2022
  4. zbook Win User

How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account?

Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass

Windows 10 iso recovery can be used to generate files that display the Windows version and build:

systeminfo
    Msinfo32
    dxdiag

To bypass the requirement to sign in with a Microsoft account you must be disconnected from the Internet:
    Confirmed: Windows 10 Setup Now Prevents Local Account Creation

zbook, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account?

1. How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - bypass PIN Home

2. How do you bypass account sign in on win 10 setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you bypass account sign in on win 10 setup: I recently tried to install windows 10 on one of my laptops and al of a sudden, it's forcing me to sign in to a school account "Lynn public schools". I cannot escape this process and I have no connection with the school whatsoever. I have never even created a school account...
  3. How do you bypass account sign in on win 10 setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you bypass account sign in on win 10 setup: I recently tried to install windows 10 on one of my laptops and al of a sudden, it's forcing me to sign in to a school account "Lynn public schools". I cannot escape this process and I have no connection with the school whatsoever. I have never even created a school account...
  4. How do you bypass account sign in on win 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I bypass pin on lockscreen??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I bypass pin on lockscreen??: How do I bypass pin on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-bypass-pin-on-lockscreen/2cd4c48b-cbf3-401e-8e58-b76adc2635a7
  6. How do I bypass pin on lockscreen??

How do I bypass pin on lockscreen??: How do I bypass pin on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-bypass-pin-on-lockscreen/2cd4c48b-cbf3-401e-8e58-b76adc2635a7
  7. How do I bypass pin on lockscreen??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account?: Today I ran into a teaser of a problem and I would like to know if anyone has a way around it.A new customer asked me to setup 2 computers for new employees. I show up and there are 2 machines sitting there running Windows 10 at a login screen. Both of these were Windows 10...
  9. How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account?

How do I bypass a PIN on a Windows 10 Home system setup with a Microsoft account?: Today I ran into a teaser of a problem and I would like to know if anyone has a way around it.A new customer asked me to setup 2 computers for new employees. I show up and there are 2 machines sitting there running Windows 10 at a login screen. Both of these were Windows 10...
  10. How to bypass the Microsoft Account requirement during Windows setup

in Windows 10 News
    How to bypass the Microsoft Account requirement during Windows setup: Every few years, Microsoft is making it more difficult to create a local account during setup of the Windows operating system. [ATTACH] The company announced in February 2022 that new setups and first runs of Pro versions of Windows 11 would require a Microsoft account. It...