Windows 10: How do I bypass domain and password to log onto my other user account on my laptop?

Discus and support How do I bypass domain and password to log onto my other user account on my laptop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Logon other user account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by H town, May 26, 2024.

1. H town Win User

How do I bypass domain and password to log onto my other user account on my laptop?

Logon other user account

:)

H town, May 26, 2024
  2. RobJM# Win User

User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, May 26, 2024
  3. Unable to change an Active Directory user account from a Windows 10 laptop

When any users tries to change their password, the following error message appears
    "the security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship"
    The laptop can see the domain. Users can log in and out.

Steps to try and resolve this so far:

1. Remove Computer from the domain. Rejoin laptop to the domain.
    2. Remove the computer account from the domain, then remove the computer from the domain, join the computer to the domain.

The domain functional level is Windows server 2008.
    Forrest functional level is Windows Server 2003.

NotADoctor, May 26, 2024
  4. bdanmo Win User

How do I bypass domain and password to log onto my other user account on my laptop?

UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account? The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join. Thoughts?

bdanmo, May 26, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I bypass domain and password to log onto my other user account on my laptop? - Similar Threads - bypass domain password

2. How do I bypass domain and password to log onto my other user account on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I bypass domain and password to log onto my other user account on my laptop?: Logon other user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-bypass-domain-and-password-to-log-onto-my/3ef23fdb-9dfe-459c-8059-5008962eedf7
  3. How do I bypass domain and password to log onto my other user account on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I bypass domain and password to log onto my other user account on my laptop?: Logon other user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-bypass-domain-and-password-to-log-onto-my/3ef23fdb-9dfe-459c-8059-5008962eedf7
  4. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?: I forgot both my password and security question answers to log on to my laptop. How do I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-password-if-i-forgot-my-password/249820e0-5e09-4863-9503-19750c1c40de
  5. How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.: Hi there, When logging into my computer I am asked every time to enter my password for my microsoft account. I don't want to have to enter my microsoft password every time I turn my computer on. How do I turn this off?...
  6. How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.: Hi there, When logging into my computer I am asked every time to enter my password for my microsoft account. I don't want to have to enter my microsoft password every time I turn my computer on. How do I turn this off?...
  7. How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

8. how do i set my user account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i set my user account password: how do i reset my user account password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-my-user-account-password/35e5256c-81c6-45d5-b32d-2c5c218b9a22
  9. how do i set my user account password

how do i set my user account password: how do i reset my user account password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-my-user-account-password/35e5256c-81c6-45d5-b32d-2c5c218b9a22
  10. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...