Windows 10: How Do I Call microsoft edge to open a new tab after opening cmd?

Discus and support How Do I Call microsoft edge to open a new tab after opening cmd? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to call microsoft edge by cmd but when i open it after coding it it will not open and want to make sure the bronzer is on the default bronzer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EvanArnold, Apr 1, 2019.

1. How Do I Call microsoft edge to open a new tab after opening cmd?

I want to call microsoft edge by cmd but when i open it after coding it it will not open and want to make sure the bronzer is on the default bronzer eg. Microsoft edge or chrome or firefox.exe to open the link here is the code

I have so far: @echo off
    cd C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    so I can start MicrosoftEdge.exe with a YouTube video open or any other type. I also want to make it full screen on a yt video and have it auto play without player controls

:)

EvanArnold, Apr 1, 2019

2. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 1, 2019
  3. cfourkays Win User
    Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    http://www.google.com"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

cfourkays, Apr 1, 2019
  4. PamHogg Win User

How Do I Call microsoft edge to open a new tab after opening cmd?

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

How Do I Call microsoft edge to open a new tab after opening cmd?

1. How Do I Call microsoft edge to open a new tab after opening cmd? - Similar Threads - Call microsoft edge

2. New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs: I have a brand new laptop so I don't think malware is involved.I set up Windows with only a local account sorry but I'm not into the whole Microsoft 365 ecosystem. The only time I've intentionally opened the Edge Browser was to install Chrome. Other than that, all I've done...
  3. New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs: I have a brand new laptop so I don't think malware is involved.I set up Windows with only a local account sorry but I'm not into the whole Microsoft 365 ecosystem. The only time I've intentionally opened the Edge Browser was to install Chrome. Other than that, all I've done...
  4. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  5. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  6. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  7. Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge: Hi In Microsoft Edge, how do I open a specific web page while I open a new tab? Thanks Bye 22716
  8. How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge: When you open a new tab, either by clicking with the middle mouse button, CTRL + clicking the link or right-clicking link > Open in New Tab, how do you automatically switch to that new tab when you do this, like you could in Internet Explorer? [img] 9385
  9. How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

in Browsers and Email
    How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.: There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab, depending on which mouse button you use. 13145
  10. Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with: How to: Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with How to Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer,...