Windows 10: How do I cancel downloading of an update?

Discus and support How do I cancel downloading of an update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 11 version 21H2, and the automatic update has been downloading forever, and I assume this is because it tried to download on my drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Beckett Handy, Jan 12, 2024.

1. How do I cancel downloading of an update?

I'm on Windows 11 version 21H2, and the automatic update has been downloading forever, and I assume this is because it tried to download on my drive with no storage left, but I cant find any way to relocate where it is downoading to my second drive. How do I cancel this or redirect where to download the update so I can update successfully?

:)

Beckett Handy, Jan 12, 2024

2. Cancel Windows 10 Download

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and sorry for delayed response.

As per the issue description you don't want Windows 10 right now and willing to cancel Windows 10 upgrade. However, cancelling the reservation is not possible but you may hide the update which is responsible for the upgrade.

This can be done if the update which is responsible for this icon is either uninstalled from your system or if it is hidden. So, first I would suggest you to uninstall
    KB3035583 update and then hide it. Hope this would resolve your issue. in future if you want Windows 10 just install this update and you can upgrade to Windows 10.

To check if the updates is already installed:

• Open Installed Updates by pressing
      Windows key + X
      . Select Control Panel
      from the list, clicking Programs, and then, under
      Programs and Features, clicking View installed updates.
    • Click the update KB3035583 that you want to remove, and then click
      Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

You can refer to the below mentioned steps to hide an update.

• Press Window key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Under view by option select large icons.
    • And then click either Windows Update or
      Microsoft Update
    • Now click on important updates available (recommended).
    • Click to clear the check box that is next to the
      KB3035583 update.
    • Expand the KB3035583 update that you want to hide, and then click the "Don't show this update again" check box.
    • Click Review and install updates.

For more information you may refer to the suggestion of Jose Antonio replied on
    February 10, 2012.

how to hide / disable a priority Windows Update KB2633952 which already has a current update on my computer?

Redirecting

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 12, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update hangs with blank screen

Hello,

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Crtl + alt + Delete key on your keyboard to open task manager.

• Cancel the Windows Update task form the task manager.
    Step 2:

• Run Windows Update Troubleshooter. Click this
      link:

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jan 12, 2024
Thema:

How do I cancel downloading of an update?

1. How do I cancel downloading of an update? - Similar Threads - cancel downloading update

2. How do I permanently cancel a download in progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently cancel a download in progress: Hi, I accidentally downloaded something I don't want and there is no cancel button. If somebody told me where a cancel button is or if there is a command I'd be so happy. I'm wondering if finder for windows is a permanent app on windows 11....
  3. How do I permanently cancel a download in progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently cancel a download in progress: Hi, I accidentally downloaded something I don't want and there is no cancel button. If somebody told me where a cancel button is or if there is a command I'd be so happy. I'm wondering if finder for windows is a permanent app on windows 11....
  4. How do i cancel windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i cancel windows updates: Hello i have a windows 11 PC. I was trying to install Windows Insider got an error not meeting the minimum requirements I somehow bypassed it using OfflineInsiderEnroll.cmd. I download the insider updates and after i got a black screen BSOD of the OS i restarted it got the...
  5. How do i cancel windows updates

How do i cancel windows updates: Hello i have a windows 11 PC. I was trying to install Windows Insider got an error not meeting the minimum requirements I somehow bypassed it using OfflineInsiderEnroll.cmd. I download the insider updates and after i got a black screen BSOD of the OS i restarted it got the...
  6. How do I cancel downloading of an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel downloading of an update?: I'm on Windows 11 version 21H2, and the automatic update has been downloading forever, and I assume this is because it tried to download on my drive with no storage left, but I cant find any way to relocate where it is downoading to my second drive. How do I cancel this or...
  7. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?: If I try to download any app in Microsoft Store, it goes to the bottom of the Updates and Downloads list. In the list there are so many useless apps I don't even remember getting. This wouldn't be a problem if the download speed was average, but unfortunately it takes SO LONG...
  8. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?: If I try to download any app in Microsoft Store, it goes to the bottom of the Updates and Downloads list. In the list there are so many useless apps I don't even remember getting. This wouldn't be a problem if the download speed was average, but unfortunately it takes SO LONG...
  9. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store

How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store: Hi I need help cancelling a download I started on Microsoft store but I can't find a way to cancel the game and it's a big game, so I chose wisely and tried to cancel it but there was no way to cancel so I tried to search it up on Microsoft edge but it kept bringing up how to...