Windows 10: How do i cancel moving a program to a different drive?

Discus and support How do i cancel moving a program to a different drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today i was trying to fix a problem with the new flight simulator. I somehow managed to press the "move to D Drive" button in settings. Can someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/matysiu132, Aug 29, 2020.

1. How do i cancel moving a program to a different drive?

Today i was trying to fix a problem with the new flight simulator. I somehow managed to press the "move to D Drive" button in settings. Can someone tell me how to cancel this? Google doesnt show anything.

Edit: forgot to say, i cant launch the game now.

submitted by /u/matysiu132
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/matysiu132, Aug 29, 2020

2. Move programs to different drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me helpy ou.

Please share the details.

• Which programs are you referring to?
    • What is the status when you try to install it in D drive?
    I suggest you to uninstall the programs and reinstall it. Browse and select the installation path for the program to D drive and check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Program files in different drives

Your Subject says "Program Files" but your text says "ProgramData". Which one is it?

If you move one of these folders to drive C: then you break every application that "thinks" the folder is on drive D:. Here are two options to do it safely:

• Do a complete re-installation of Windows.
    • Use a number of advanced console commands to move the data from D: to C:, then create a symbolic link on drive D: to fool your applications into believing that the folder still exists on drive D:. I would recommend this option only if you are comfortable
      with console commands and are able to boot the machine into Windows Repair Mode.

Frederik Long, Aug 29, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

How do i cancel moving a program to a different drive?

Move documents from D drive into reinstalled program

Hi,

We recommend that you contact the program developer for instructions on how to move your files. They should be able to provide you a step-by-step guide on you can move your documents from the D:\ drive to their program.

Thank you.

John Vil, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

How do i cancel moving a program to a different drive?

1. How do i cancel moving a program to a different drive? - Similar Threads - cancel moving program

2. How do I cancel One Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I cancel One Drive?: I wish to remove One Drive...This seems to be affecting my files, can anyone help and advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cancel-one-drive/05dff0dc-ec69-45de-a97f-523250ace801
  3. How do I cancel One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I cancel One Drive?: I wish to remove One Drive...This seems to be affecting my files, can anyone help and advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cancel-one-drive/05dff0dc-ec69-45de-a97f-523250ace801
  4. How do I cancel One Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I easily move my Documents folder to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I easily move my Documents folder to a different drive?: My windows 10 installation got hosed during an update. I've installed a new SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch. My old hard drive is still attached to my computer and I'd like to use it for Documents, Downloads. etc. to save space on the SSD. I've followed the...
  6. How do I easily move my Documents folder to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I easily move my Documents folder to a different drive?: My windows 10 installation got hosed during an update. I've installed a new SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch. My old hard drive is still attached to my computer and I'd like to use it for Documents, Downloads. etc. to save space on the SSD. I've followed the...
  7. How do I easily move my Documents folder to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I move different window-tabs thingys to different spots?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I move different window-tabs thingys to different spots?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Update_Later [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6qa3i/how_do_i_move_different_windowtabs_thingys_to/
  9. HOW DO I MOVE THE OneDrive default from the C:\ DRIVE to a different drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I MOVE THE OneDrive default from the C:\ DRIVE to a different drive: Due to the way the hard drive was partitioned, OneDrive consumes nearly all of the C: drive. How can I move the default OneDrive folder to the little-used D: drive?...
  10. How do I move "pictures" folder to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I move "pictures" folder to a different drive?: My Pictures folder currently resides as a subfolder to my C:\OneDrive. I have a second, larger E:\ data drive and I want to move my Picture folder there. When I try by clicking on Pictures/Properties/Location and choose a folder I get the message shown below. I've tried...