Windows 10: How do I cast my Windows 10 PC to my Smart TV/Fire Stick/etc

Discus and support How do I cast my Windows 10 PC to my Smart TV/Fire Stick/etc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I haven't really updated my entertainment system in ages but am doing so now and I have a PC (desktop) that I'd like to screen share with my TV. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sakau2007, Sep 23, 2018.

1. sakau2007 Win User

How do I cast my Windows 10 PC to my Smart TV/Fire Stick/etc

I haven't really updated my entertainment system in ages but am doing so now and I have a PC (desktop) that I'd like to screen share with my TV. They are in different rooms and I can't just run a long cable.

I'm assuming I'll have to do it via Wifi or Bluetooth or something along those lines.

I have a Fire TV stick and tried following these instructions:
    How to mirror Windows 10 to the Amazon Fire TV Stick | Alphr
    but my PC "doesn't support Miracast so it can't project wirelessly". I presume this is from having a desktop motherboard that doesn't have wifi networking (I'm connected with ethernet cable), bleutooth, etc. If that is indeed the case, is there some simple/cheap piece of hardware I can get to make this possible?

Thanks in advance

:)

sakau2007, Sep 23, 2018

2. how Windows 10 mirroring using AMAZON Fire TV stick?

I did not find fire stick in my casting option, and i goto other devices, fire stick was there. but I am not able to mirroring my computer to tv via Fire tv stick. So I remove the fire tv stick from device list, but i am not able to add again. Please give
    me nice Solution and also How i mirroring using wireless display with Fire tv stick to TV?

bennykirubakarant, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Cast To Philips TV/Roku Stick

I have a brand new laptop running Windows 10. I am attempting to cast video files to my TV. First I tried casting to my Philips smart TV. It gave me a connection error on my TV screen and wouldn't play. So then I tried my Roku streaming stick model
    3500X. The video will stream with the exception that there is sound but no picture. I have tried searching and i can't seem to find a solution. Do you have any suggestions?

MatthewKoons, Sep 23, 2018
  4. How do I cast my Windows 10 PC to my Smart TV/Fire Stick/etc

Amazon Fire TV Stick greyed out in Devices & Printers

Hi Matt,

Let's get your Fire TV stick working. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Open Device Manager and click Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click the Fire TV and click Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab and click Uninstall.
    • Once uninstalled, remove the stick.
    • To reinstall the driver, plug back in the Fire TV stick and the PC will automatically install the driver.

Let us know the outcome.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

How do I cast my Windows 10 PC to my Smart TV/Fire Stick/etc

1. How do I cast my Windows 10 PC to my Smart TV/Fire Stick/etc - Similar Threads - cast Smart Fire

2. Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV: Interesting. I had never casted anything before. So Friday night pressed the windows logo and K, and Windows found my Roku TV and I watched a movie from one of the website I frequent. I fell asleep and the next morning, windows couldn't find my TV. What happened? I literally...
  3. Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV: Interesting. I had never casted anything before. So Friday night pressed the windows logo and K, and Windows found my Roku TV and I watched a movie from one of the website I frequent. I fell asleep and the next morning, windows couldn't find my TV. What happened? I literally...
  4. How can I cast an MKV from Windows 10 to my LG smart TV?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I cast an MKV from Windows 10 to my LG smart TV?: I only recently got a laptop and I have been pulling my hair out over this. My entire life it has always been the case that, a lot of stuff can be done on a phone, but a proper computer will always do it better and is more versatile. However, Windows 10 doesn't seem to have...
  5. connecting my fire tv and my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting my fire tv and my pc: how do i put a password om AirPlay ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-fire-tv-and-my-pc/905c1fb2-5094-4684-bd6b-6ca933e1d487
  6. tv fire stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tv fire stick: Can I connect my TV fire stick to my desk top? I am running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-fire-stick/4b8e888d-298f-4644-acae-04c81386eb95
  7. Chormium Edge casting to Fire TV

Chormium Edge casting to Fire TV: So I'm trying to cast a tab to my Fire TV but it says source not supported. Is there anything I can do to bypass this or I just dont have the hardware to do casting? submitted by /u/sakata32 [link] [comments]...
  8. Having trouble Screen casting my PC to my Smart LG TV.

Having trouble Screen casting my PC to my Smart LG TV.: Hey guys, I really need help with this one. I know there's a way to share your screen with Miracast, but that doesn't work. Usually, in the tutorials I see online, there is a button that lets you go forward with the process. But, that's not showing up. I got to the Device...
  9. Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV: Hello all, I went to File Explorer and right click on a movie and select Cast to Device. My TV is shown in the next pop up screen but then it says 'Unexpected Device error'? I can play the same movie using native app in TV, but not from Win10 to TV? WMP streaming is turned...
  10. Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick

in Windows 10 Support
    Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick: Hello, I've been trying several times to get this to work and I cannot. I have the amazon fire TV stick and windows 10 computer. I've tried right clicking a video and choosing cast to device and then amazon stick...I've tried playing the video in movies and TV app and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 PC to my Smart TV/Fire Stick