Windows 10: How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar?

Discus and support How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is a check box or a box on the task bar in between the hour and the minutes. It should be a colon not a box. I have tried a lot of things to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JayHubb1, Jun 16, 2020.

1. JayHubb1 Win User

How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar?

There is a check box or a box on the task bar in between the hour and the minutes. It should be a colon not a box. I have tried a lot of things to remove it but have been unsuccessful. I don't know how it got there. How do I change a box back to a colon on the time view in the task bar?

Looked at youtubes and unchecked boxes in view in explorer.

Thank you problem solvers, Jan

:)

JayHubb1, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Time colonHow do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar? :)) problem

In time of task bar a small box is showing instead of colonHow do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar? :))...plz reply any solution
    How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar? 1db1263f-e6cd-41c6-b6e4-ae56e3f1d739?upload=true.jpg
    same
    box as in this picture

Rahul Kumar Singh°, Jun 16, 2020
  4. How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar?

Windows Time Display in Taskbar

Hello, I have updated to Windows 10 Pro Creator's update on a PC. I changed the system font back to the font I normally use, Architect's Daughter. After changing the system font, the windows time in the taskbar does not read correctly. The time normally
    looks like this: 3:45 PM. After changing the font, the time no longer has the : (colon) in it, but has an open rectangular box instead.

No matter what font I now choose as default, even going back to the system default, the : stays a rectangular box. So far, no other oddities have shown up in programs or display by changing the system default font. I have removed the time from the taskbar
    and reshown it using Turn system icons on or off in Settings. Still no : just the open rectangular box.

Any suggestions or should this be reported as a bug in the creators update?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JazzMan717, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar?

1. How do I change a box to a colon in the time on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - change box colon

2. How do I change the color of the Time on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the color of the Time on the taskbar?: I am not looking for accessibility options, looking to change the color of the time to any color I choose in Windows 11 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-time-on-the/d36e784f-e504-4aec-90b5-55211c5cd451
  3. How do I change the color of the Time on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the color of the Time on the taskbar?: I am not looking for accessibility options, looking to change the color of the time to any color I choose in Windows 11 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-time-on-the/d36e784f-e504-4aec-90b5-55211c5cd451
  4. how do i change the time seperator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change the time seperator?: i'm trying to change the time separator from a colon to a full stop, but i can't find any settings that let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-time-seperator/8705c551-a5af-4955-b1fc-1a20a6f766d8
  5. how do i change the time seperator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change the time seperator?: i'm trying to change the time separator from a colon to a full stop, but i can't find any settings that let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-time-seperator/8705c551-a5af-4955-b1fc-1a20a6f766d8
  6. Can't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of the colon

Can't get rid of the box that is the date/time instead of the colon: Several Windows 10 updates ago, MS changed something and the font was basically unreadable. I used the procedure in this website to change the font to Arial so it was...
  7. Every time I press the semi-colon button, it changes the keyboard language.

Every time I press the semi-colon button, it changes the keyboard language.: I have a problem about the keyboard. For example, I switch language to the Swedish or German. In German language when I try to type the letter o-umlaut ö, which is the same key with semi-colon key on a US keyboard layout, it switches to the next language, which in my keyboard...
  8. Time colon(:) problem

Time colon(:) problem: In time of task bar a small box is showing instead of colon(:)...plz reply any solution[ATTACH]same box as in this picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/time-colon-problem/f777c3ea-b2cd-4c40-8e4b-95d8a928d593
  9. How do I change the colors in the Taskbar?

How do I change the colors in the Taskbar?: Attached is a screenshot. How do I change the colors and transparency of the highlights pointed to? Thank you......Taskbar 09.09.2018.pdf 117589
  10. How do I change the colors in the Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change the colors in the Taskbar?: Attached is a screenshot. How do I change the colors and transparency of the highlights pointed to? Thank you......Taskbar 09.09.2018.pdf 117589