Windows 10: How do I change a family member birthdate?

Discus and support How do I change a family member birthdate? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Linea Nicholls, Aug 31, 2022.

1. How do I change a family member birthdate?

I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?

:)

Linea Nicholls, Aug 31, 2022
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Aug 31, 2022
  3. How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?

How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account? It says "your organization's policy prevent you from changing your primary alias."

When I go to the organizer's account, I can't see where I can change the policy. The birthdate on the family member's account is correct and the family member is over 18 years of age.

Frustrated in MD

LordGoodfolk, Aug 31, 2022
  4. How do I change a family member birthdate?

Error while changing my son's birthdate to be a child account: "Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time"

My son's account was set up as a standard Microsoft adult account. When I try to change his birthdate to be a child, I get this error:

Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.

• He is already listed as in my family and shows in my Family list as an adult
    • I am not allowed to manage his account from my own account (because he's listed as an adult)
    • I have his login
    • While logged into his account, I am given the option to change his birthdate, but it doesn't work.
    • When I try to change the birthdate from within his account, I am given a prompt that I will be charged $0.50 to change his account into a child account.
    • I agree to the $0.50 charge.
    • Instead of updating his birthdate or asking for CC info, I get that error: Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.
    • If I change his country to Canada, I can update the birthdate, but the account still isn't a child account (which is my entire goal)
    • If I try to change his country back to USA while keeping the correct birthdate, I get that same error above saying the birthdate cannot be updated at this time (even though I'm changing the country; not the birthdate).

Please help. I just want my son's account listed as a child account so I can manage his account and content restrictions. I have three children in my Family account. Two of which are showing as adults but are children.

How do I update my child's birthdate to convert his standard account into a child account?

Do not steal me, Aug 31, 2022
Thema:

How do I change a family member birthdate?

1. How do I change a family member birthdate? - Similar Threads - change family member

2. How do i change my birthdate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i change my birthdate?: How do i change my birthdate even though the account im trying to change is underrage I live in the UAE, Dubai and tried changing it from the family thing it just doesnt work, ive tried contacting support and they just sent me here to ask my question and talk about my...
  3. How do I change birthdate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change birthdate?: My daughter was originally signed in on this computer, but now it is mine. I was able to change everything to my info except for the birthdate. Being 44 it's little weird when it comes up that I'm 11. How can I get this part updated? I'm already setup as the family's...
  4. How do I change birthdate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change birthdate?: My daughter was originally signed in on this computer, but now it is mine. I was able to change everything to my info except for the birthdate. Being 44 it's little weird when it comes up that I'm 11. How can I get this part updated? I'm already setup as the family's...
  5. How do I change birthdate?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  7. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  8. How to change the password of a family member?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  9. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  10. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps