Windows 10: How do I change a user profile to a child safety profile

Discus and support How do I change a user profile to a child safety profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I setup a W10 machine with a default profile, just going through the default process without too much thought but I should have set it up as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by daniellouwrens, Jul 21, 2017.

1. How do I change a user profile to a child safety profile

Hi

I setup a W10 machine with a default profile, just going through the default process
    without too much thought but I should have set it up as Child Suitable.

There in only one user profile and the log-on is not linked to an email address.

Some games and Apps have been installed from Windows App Store.

Is it possible to modify the profile to a child safety profile, if so How do I do it.

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Jul 21, 2017

2. How can I change an adult profile to a child profile in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key
      and select Settings

• Tap or click Accounts, and then tap or click
      Other accounts.

• Select the account you want, and then tap or click
      Edit.

• If your child doesn't have a standard user account, see the previous
      To create a new child's account steps.

• In the Account type list, select
      Child and then tap or click OK.

I hope the information helps. If you have any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 21, 2017
  3. How can I change an adult profile to a child profile in Windows 10?

I got a laptop for my child and put [them] in as the adult sole owner. Now I need to keep [them] off at times when [they] [are] supposed to be getting ready in the morning. I created my own adult profile as a family member and need to downgrade [their]
    account so I can apply parental controls.

I gave my kid a laptop, Jul 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How do I change a user profile to a child safety profile

I can't answer your question directly as this isn't something I've looked into. But just a few thoughts which worry me about how useful and effective child safety is..

Caveat: With the new Creator's build, some of the following may now be out of date- I have no way of knowing.

Here's setting one up - in the USA (note- federal law and the credit card):
    Adding a child user account in Windows 10 | PCWorld
    That may explain why swapping may not be easy.

Note this peculiarity:
    Windows 10 How to set up a Childs user account - Microsoft Community
    Family Safety child can change from Microsoft - Microsoft Community

Checking one:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-after-upgrade

You would be best advised to set one up from scratch as a new user, and consider whether they should log in with a live id or as a local user. (How you have set up the existing account has a bearing on this as well).

Go here:
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Windows 10 Tutorials
    and search for
    child
    and you will find a number of tutorials related to this such as
    Child Account - Add or Remove from Your Family in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

dalchina, Jul 21, 2017
  5. Hi

thanks for your reply, I appreciate the time you took to gather and post the information.

It looks like I will have to start again but will consider all the issues you have posted.

Regards

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I change a user profile to a child safety profile

1. How do I change a user profile to a child safety profile - Similar Threads - change user profile

2. How to change windows profile on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows profile on child account: My wife created a profile for our daughter. We edited for parental controls to block websites and when we log onto my daughter's profile and go to the windows browser, it has her as profile 1 and nothing's blocked. Any solutions?...
  3. How to change windows profile on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows profile on child account: My wife created a profile for our daughter. We edited for parental controls to block websites and when we log onto my daughter's profile and go to the windows browser, it has her as profile 1 and nothing's blocked. Any solutions?...
  4. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  5. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  6. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. unable to change birthdate on a child profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change birthdate on a child profile.: Unfortunately, my dad created an account with a child birthdate by mistake. now that I'm his organizer I'm unable to change his birthdate. can someone help me....
  8. unable to change birthdate on a child profile.

unable to change birthdate on a child profile.: Unfortunately, my dad created an account with a child birthdate by mistake. now that I'm his organizer I'm unable to change his birthdate. can someone help me....
  9. How do I change a profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change a profile: I have 2 profiles. One is my primary account (x) and the other is the one that my laptop is connected to (y). I was wondering if it was possible to change profile y to profile x. Is there a way to do that without deleting all of my data submitted by /u/WerewolfHide19...
  10. how to change my profile to child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to change my profile to child account: My refurbished 2 in 1 i just got is messed up but the main reason i am emailing you is because i dont know how to change my profile to a child acount. Is it possible because i am admin or not? 91506