Windows 10: How do I change an app from being set as a game?

Discus and support How do I change an app from being set as a game? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used the Xbox Gamebar while using Microsoft Edge because I wanted to record my screen. It asked me if Edge was a game and I said yes so I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LMartin1, Jan 30, 2019.

1. LMartin1 Win User

How do I change an app from being set as a game?

I used the Xbox Gamebar while using Microsoft Edge because I wanted to record my screen. It asked me if Edge was a game and I said yes so I could record. But now that Edge is set as a game, I won't receive notifications while using it. I don't want to change the setting on whether I receive notifications during games, so how do I change Edge from being set as a game?

:)

LMartin1, Jan 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Jan 30, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 30, 2019
  4. How do I change an app from being set as a game?

Change themes back to numbered tiles in Microsoft Mahjong

Hi Bill,

Changing the tiles for Microsoft Mahjong can be done through the Theme Settings of the game. To change the settings, follow the steps below:

• Launch the game.
    • Press F5 on your keyboard to show the settings.
    • Click on Themes and choose your preferred theme under
      Standard Themes

If are unable to see your preferred theme, we suggest that you update the game on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I change an app from being set as a game?

1. How do I change an app from being set as a game? - Similar Threads - change app being

2. Change my app recommendation settings, I'm not being able to change the setting , later I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my app recommendation settings, I'm not being able to change the setting , later I...: Recently I have bought a laptop with Windows 11 Home in S mode pre installed, I can't install third party apps to use, which I am familiar with , how do I switch from S Mode to Windows 11 Home?...
  3. Change my app recommendation settings, I'm not being able to change the setting , later I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change my app recommendation settings, I'm not being able to change the setting , later I...: Recently I have bought a laptop with Windows 11 Home in S mode pre installed, I can't install third party apps to use, which I am familiar with , how do I switch from S Mode to Windows 11 Home?...
  4. How do I change the taskbar settings without going into the Settings app??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the taskbar settings without going into the Settings app??: I was about to change some taskbar settings on my Windows 10 computer, but every time I select Taskbar settings or select Taskbar in the personalisation section, it crashes. I tried resetting the Settings app, nothing worked. So how do I change taskbar settings without going...
  5. How do I change the taskbar settings without going into the Settings app??

How do I change the taskbar settings without going into the Settings app??: I was about to change some taskbar settings on my Windows 10 computer, but every time I select Taskbar settings or select Taskbar in the personalisation section, it crashes. I tried resetting the Settings app, nothing worked. So how do I change taskbar settings without going...
  6. How do I change the taskbar settings without going into the Settings app??

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  8. How do you change the settings app icon?

How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  9. How do you change the settings app icon?

10. How do I stop app-specific volume settings from changing on their own?

How do I stop app-specific volume settings from changing on their own?: I prefer to set the app volume to max for every app and then control the volume as necessary in the app I'm using at whatever time I need to adjust it. For example, if I'm using Spotify to listen to music, I prefer to set the app volume for Spotify to max in Settings, and...