Windows 10: How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

Discus and support How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nuspieds, Jun 8, 2019.

1. nuspieds Win User

How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

Hello,

In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders.

I have a batch file that sets the Accent Color like this:

Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v AccentColor /t REG_DWORD /d 4280488424 /f[/quote] Upon completion, only the Title bars and Window borders are successfully changed; Start, Task bar, and Action Center remain unchanged. Moreover, the registry shows the change; however, when I go to Personalization Settings, it still has the old color selected as the Accent Color.

I've tried stopping and restarting explorer.exe and dwm.exe but all to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

:)

nuspieds, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line? :)

Naki, Jun 8, 2019
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jun 8, 2019
  4. How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

1. How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line? - Similar Threads - change refresh AccentColor

2. Change Text Scale via command line or other routine/program?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Text Scale via command line or other routine/program?: Hello, Im looking for a way to change the display resolution and size of text, apps, and other items from a command line batch file or some other one-click routine. I found an old/small program called QRes.exe that changes the resolution which is great (qres.exe /x:2048...
  3. Speed test via command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed test via command line: I need to test the speed of an Internet connection.I can test it by connecting to sites line fast.com or speedtest.net, but I want to perform a continuous test and to save the results on a file.I created a PowerShell script to run ping every 30 seconds and it works fine, but...
  4. Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  5. Change Power Mode via script or command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Power Mode via script or command line: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  6. How do you print via command line?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you print via command line?: I can't figure out how to properly use the print command.Here's my printer information: [ATTACH] How should I modify the example from the Microsoft Docs page, "print /d:\\copyroom\printer1 c:\accounting\report.txt" to print a file? This doesn't work, "print...
  7. How to change lockscreen picture by command line?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change lockscreen picture by command line?: Hi All is there any way to change lockscreen picture via command line or powershell scripts? Thanks for any replies. 153063
  8. How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script?: Hello, In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders. I have a batch file that sets the Accent Color like this: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v AccentColor /t...
  9. how do i open a command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i open a command line: I am new, no idea how to get a command line open,,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-command-line/cada7a9d-864d-4da5-aa5d-a2abe0d9a296"
  10. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...