Windows 10: How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

Discus and support How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nuspieds, Jun 8, 2019.

1. nuspieds Win User

How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

Hello,

In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders.

I have a batch file that sets the Accent Color like this:

Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v AccentColor /t REG_DWORD /d 4280488424 /f[/quote] Upon completion, only the Title bars and Window borders are successfully changed; Start, Task bar, and Action Center remain unchanged. Moreover, the registry shows the change; however, when I go to Personalization Settings, it still has the old color selected as the Accent Color.

I've tried stopping and restarting explorer.exe and dwm.exe but all to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

:)

nuspieds, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line? :)

Naki, Jun 8, 2019
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jun 8, 2019
  4. How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

1. How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line? - Similar Threads - change refresh AccentColor

2. How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Change Personalization Accent Color Settings Via Command Line/Script?: Hello, In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders. I have a batch file that sets the Accent Color like this: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v AccentColor /t...
  3. how do i open a command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i open a command line: I am new, no idea how to get a command line open,,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-command-line/cada7a9d-864d-4da5-aa5d-a2abe0d9a296"
  4. Command Line

Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  5. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...
  6. How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?: The default mouse pointer scheme is just to darn small in Windows 10, at least on my Dell Inspiron. So I change it via the control panel, but some games won't work when the scheme is changed, so I'd like to be able to switch back and forth from the command line and create a...
  7. Can't add user via command line

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add user via command line: I am trying to add a user via the command line through a virtual pc I added with VMWare. I'm running windows 10, and unable to add because this is what I get when I open CMD: I can't go beyond this point, I keep getting error messages. Any help would be deeply appreciated....
  8. Toggle Wifi Radio or Airplane mode via command line?

Toggle Wifi Radio or Airplane mode via command line?: Hi everyone I am trying to find a way of toggling the wifi radio on and off using command line? The same goes for the airplane mode. I already know that netsh can disable the adapter but thats not what I want. I want to just disable/enable the radio for the adapter....
  9. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...
  10. Change User Language by command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Change User Language by command line: Hi, I have a Win10 Enterprise version. I have set 3 Languages under the Setting -> Language. I can manually switch between the 3 languages under the Language setting page (by the set as primary language, then perform a sign out and sign in with the same user againg)....