Windows 10: how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?

Discus and support how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to be able to change settings for this app but now the little cog wheel has disappeared and I can't find any other way to enter into the apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by diziky, May 3, 2020.

1. diziky Win User

how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?

I used to be able to change settings for this app but now the little cog wheel has disappeared and I can't find any other way to enter into the apps options.

Note: I am not talking about Outlook.

:)

diziky, May 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 3, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, May 3, 2020
  4. how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 3, 2020
Thema:

how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?

1. how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app? - Similar Threads - change app settings

2. How do I change the appearance of the mail app on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the appearance of the mail app on Windows 10?: I can't remember how I changed the image on the app, so I need to do it again since it is NOT Christmas! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-appearance-of-the-mail-app-on/24cab676-3dec-48a6-96ba-f5ae0f248751
  3. How do I change a default app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change a default app?: I accidentally did the default of .jar files as "Notepad", when I don't want any default app. How do I set it to no default at all? [ATTACH] When I click on it, this shows:[ATTACH] And when I click "Look for an app in the Store", it doesn't show an option to set no...
  4. Default Mail app will not set

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Mail app will not set: I use Windows 10 Mail as my mail app. When I set Defaults, it was listed as the recommended choice. But when I open a folder and right click on a file to Sendto email, I get the message that there is no mail program associated. I rummaged in the Registry and found Hotmail...
  5. how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?

how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?: One of your answers is to change the default mail app from Windows 10 mail to outlook. No way to find out how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-mail-app-from/f7bcfcf6-b2d0-4e2a-a822-018d8cc57dfc
  6. How to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail app

How to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail app: Good afternoon. Since upgrading my work PC I have been unable to change the default font setting when using the built in Mail app, I am stuck using calibri at font size 11 which does not match any of my pre-prepared notes. It's a minor inconvenience to have to change the...
  7. How do I set All Default Apps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set All Default Apps?: I am trying to Set All defaults for my apps. But doing that is impossible. Going to settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Set Defaults By Apps takes me to this page. [ATTACH] I click on an app and I get this button. [ATTACH] Clicking on that button takes me to this...
  8. Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 How to Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both...
  9. Changing default alias in windows 10 mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Changing default alias in windows 10 mail app: How do I change the default alias in the windows 10 mail app? I changed the default alias for my microsoft account and it messed up the mail app. Now I have separate folders for each address and the inboxes are linked in one folder, but I just want it so there is 1 set of...
  10. change default font in Window 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    change default font in Window 10 Mail App: Can anyone explain how to change the default font in Windows 10 Mail app? The drop down menu allows for a font change in a single email. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default. 34216