Windows 10: How do I change dates on files properties

Discus and support How do I change dates on files properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How To Change File Attributes in Windows 10. I don't know exactly what I did but the Accessed:" dates on almost all my files changed. I like all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maximo5, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Maximo5 Win User

How do I change dates on files properties

How To Change File Attributes in Windows 10. I don't know exactly what I did but the Accessed:" dates on almost all my files changed. I like all my files to have the same date on the file properties "Created:", "Modify:" and :Accessed:".All I remember was updating to the newest windows update. And started noticing that my files "Accesssed: Date was current, Before they almost rarely change. Was it a access permission I granted the new windows that caused this? I try to somehow to disable this from happening and I remember messing around with the "Index Options" without really understanding wha

:)

Maximo5, Aug 23, 2021

2. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 23, 2021
  3. pintree3 Win User
    How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough

I used SKTimeStamp to change the dates of a file. However, I noticed it could only change 3 dates:
    Date Created
    Last Modified
    Last Accessed
    A search for such a utility often suggests "BulkFileChanger (BFC)" which seems to do the exact same thing: only these 3 dates.
    However, if I right click on a file, for example a Word file, there 2 other dates listed:
    Content Created
    Date last Saved

Hence the above two utilities are not good enough. Is there a utility (or way) out there to change all dates including the last 2 mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

pintree3, Aug 23, 2021
  4. How do I change dates on files properties

Problem changing Title in file properties, subject changes also

I am changing the properties in Image files, varying between Jpg and Tiff, I change the title property in windows explorer, but when I click ok or apply the text is ‘copied’ to the subject field, maybe there is a third party GUI App that can be suggested, which allows lossless changing of individual properties without changing others as well.....thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I change dates on files properties

1. How do I change dates on files properties - Similar Threads - change dates files

2. File date change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File date change: Last week I opened my onedrive to see the dates of 2 files have been altered. I looked at my sign in history that shows I uploaded and modified them in February I didn’t but strangely the IP address is the same. I tried to modify the dates on both my iOS app and PC Windows,...
  3. how do i change the date of birth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change the date of birth: I can't change the date of birth on my microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-date-of-birth/7847586c-ded4-424b-8af1-5ce6b8be0127
  4. how do i change the date of birth

how do i change the date of birth: I can't change the date of birth on my microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-date-of-birth/7847586c-ded4-424b-8af1-5ce6b8be0127
  5. How do I change my date of birth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my date of birth?: I accidentally put 2010 instead of 2000, and I can't seem to change it, it just says the date, nothing to change it or anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-date-of-birth/cc2e9b5f-d110-4832-92ae-6ab0ef69b3b6
  6. How do I change my date of birth?

How do I change my date of birth?: I accidentally put 2010 instead of 2000, and I can't seem to change it, it just says the date, nothing to change it or anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-date-of-birth/cc2e9b5f-d110-4832-92ae-6ab0ef69b3b6
  7. Windows explorer date and time do not match the date and time in the file properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer date and time do not match the date and time in the file properties.: I have been capturing video using elgato video capture. The clips save to one directory. When I look at the directory entry for a video capture file it is showing a time 5 hours in the future. The file properties show the correct date and time. Windows date and time are...
  8. Windows explorer date and time do not match the date and time in the file properties.

Windows explorer date and time do not match the date and time in the file properties.: I have been capturing video using elgato video capture. The clips save to one directory. When I look at the directory entry for a video capture file it is showing a time 5 hours in the future. The file properties show the correct date and time. Windows date and time are...
  9. changing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing file properties: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-file-properties/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  10. Video date is wrong, How do I change?

Video date is wrong, How do I change?: I am working on getting our photos and videos organized. We went on vacation in 2018 and took a waterproof camera. The date on the camera was not set so all of the photos and videos we took with that camera are not showing up in the right collection since the collections are...