Windows 10: How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox

Discus and support How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Split from this thread.How do I change default brower from Edge to Fire fox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JackKillingback, May 14, 2021.

1. How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox

Split from this thread.How do I change default brower from Edge to Fire fox

:)

JackKillingback, May 14, 2021
  2. Ann McNew Win User

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

Yes, just to confirm again, when I open FireFox before opening any other link/program/app - I get the pop-up to make FireFox my default browser and I check the box and confirm. If I also complete all of Erika's suggestions:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app
    Then for THAT session, everything works ok. But when I shutdown and restart, it all reverts to Edge - the default browser and all my selections for default app by file type, default app by protocol and defaults by app..

If I ONLY open FireFox before opening any other link/program/app and make it my default browser, but then click on a link within an Outlook mail - the link will open in Edge.

What confuses me about Erika's sentence: "Set your preferred default browser to skip
    Choose default apps by file type." is the part about 'set your preferred default browser to skip' is this a setting within FireFox after making it my default browser? Because I am changing default apps by file type on the Windows Settings
    page and choosing http and https to be connected to FireFox instead of Edge.

Regardless, any changes that I make are changed back to Edge after a shutdown or restart and I am completely frustrated by having to reset everything each time I start my computer.

Ann McNew, May 14, 2021
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, May 14, 2021
  4. How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox

Firefox not showing as default browser?

HI Zane, sorry you’re having these troubles.

Here are the steps I would take:

Let’s run through some items to try to fix Edge.

Reset Edge. Click start - settings - apps - find Edge on the list. Click on it, and then advanced, terminate, then hit reset. Make sure it’s strong hold on anything is gone.

Now, uninstall Firefox, reboot, reinstall.

See if you can now assign Firefox as your default browser.

Good luck, and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, May 14, 2021
Thema:

How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox

1. How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox - Similar Threads - change default browser

2. How do I remove this? I don't want Edge to be my default browser, I prefer Firefox. And no...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this? I don't want Edge to be my default browser, I prefer Firefox. And no...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpaceManTudor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lx0q7w/how_do_i_remove_this_i_dont_want_edge_to_be_my/
  3. How do I change the default file browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default file browser?: Title. Trying out an alternate one and it's a pain to have File Explorer always opening by default. submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5emml/how_do_i_change_the_default_file_browser/
  4. How to set Firefox as the default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Firefox as the default browser?: I noticed Firefox is no longer listed as a choice for my default browser. I'm old school. I know. [ATTACH] Anyone know of a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-firefox-as-the-default-browser/f073b2eb-2699-49a4-90a8-ccf381b41cb0
  5. How do I change my default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my default browser: How can i find out my default browser and change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-default-browser/5f75c329-cfc4-4e6a-b767-dc0f46c6d1df
  6. how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?: No matter what I try, I cannot make any other browser my default except for Edge, and I do not want that, and now especially even more because it is denying me!...
  7. change the default webbroswer from Edge to Firefox.

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the default webbroswer from Edge to Firefox.: I try change the default webbroswer from Edge to Firefox. But I cannot find the firefox in the three logoes given and I do not how to get it in. I have firefox installed in my computer and is functioning. Firefox icon appears in the startup page and also in the app column...
  8. Changing Edge as my default browser!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Edge as my default browser!: I am really annoyed: I got a message telling me that Edge would be a faster and more secure search engine; so I opted for it. However I had no idea that it would then stop me using Google Chrome! otherwise I would not have changed from the original. I am very angry to find...
  9. I want Firefox as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    I want Firefox as default browser: I have tried many things and looked for tutorial but I'm still lost. I keep telling Firefox to be my default browser and it doesn't keep the settings. I keep going back to I.E. I go into Firefox and select use as my default browser and that doesn't work. I'm using...
  10. How do I make Firefox my default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Firefox my default browser: [img] I've been using Firefox for several years now and have all my folders set up so I have easy access to desired websites. Yesterday I was doing something (not sure what) and when I opened my browser it opened as Bing. I went to Start...Three lines at the...