Windows 10: how do I change default scanner

Discus and support how do I change default scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to I reset default scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-scanner/c43bb6a7-b28d-43a5-a810-a4431723be04 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 5720, Sep 16, 2019.

1. 5720 Win User

how do I change default scanner

how to I reset default scanner?

:)

2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 16, 2019
  4. how do I change default scanner

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

how do I change default scanner

1. how do I change default scanner - Similar Threads - change default scanner

2. How do I change the printer default to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the printer default to Portrait?: Anyone know how I change the paper orientation default for my HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 PCL 6 printer from Landscape to Portrait? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-printer-default-to-portrait/f803af3f-d8c2-4f52-910f-3def61fffff3
  3. How do i change the default pointer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the default pointer?: I have currently modified how my mouse pointer looks though every time i restart/shutdown this pc the pointer changes to the Microsoft default, I'd had to change the pointer to the one i set every time it starts up, is there a setting to change this or is this non-changeable?...
  4. How do i change the default pointer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change the default pointer?: I have currently modified how my mouse pointer looks though every time i restart/shutdown this pc the pointer changes to the Microsoft default, I'd had to change the pointer to the one i set every time it starts up, is there a setting to change this or is this non-changeable?...
  5. How do i change the default pointer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I change the background to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background to default: how to I change the background display to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-to-default/c4f68526-07c6-4e79-86f4-c6ee58378b17
  7. How do I change this to the default display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change this to the default display?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mynameisjake7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdzmn3/how_do_i_change_this_to_the_default_display/
  8. How do I change the default icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default icons?: Just wondering how and if I can change the default icons in windows and if there is anything I could use to do so thanks submitted by /u/HuNtEd_10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e09jfh/how_do_i_change_the_default_icons/
  9. How do I change a default app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change a default app?: I accidentally did the default of .jar files as "Notepad", when I don't want any default app. How do I set it to no default at all? [ATTACH] When I click on it, this shows:[ATTACH] And when I click "Look for an app in the Store", it doesn't show an option to set no...
  10. How do I delete an obsolete scanner that keeps poping up as the default scanner in Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I delete an obsolete scanner that keeps poping up as the default scanner in Windows...: How do I delete an obsolete scanner that keeps poping up as the default scanner in Windows Scan program? I already installed the scanner under Windows Setting.......