Windows 10: How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut

Discus and support How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried googling it, but there seem no options whatsoever, I am stuck with useless emojis when I am intending to use additional symbols, mathematical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Protheu5, Jun 2, 2020.

1. How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut

I tried googling it, but there seem no options whatsoever, I am stuck with useless emojis when I am intending to use additional symbols, mathematical and punctuation that aren't present on the keyboard. I found this feature very useful and helpful, but switching from emojis is annoying. I can swear on my own grave that I will never ever use emojis and am willing to accept the life without them, so how can I use this feature without useless round faces that come up whenever I try to use an em dash or an "equal or more" sign?

If I am saying something that was answered before or obviously idiotic — please message me. I really find having emojis annoying.

submitted by /u/Protheu5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Protheu5, Jun 2, 2020

2. How to change the default keyboard layout shortcut.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that presently you may change the default keyboard layout by pressing
    Windows key + space and I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the keyboard shortcut for the keyboard layout.

• If you would like to create shortcut for the applications, please follow the below steps:
    • Right click on the application and select properties.
    • Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field. The combination must be CTRL + ALT + a letter / number.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 2, 2020
  4. mcplums Win User

How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut

How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default)

Hello chaps,

I love task view (the thing which happens when you Win-Tab). On previous versions of windows I used a 3rd party app to perform a similar function, but now that it is baked into windows I'd like to use the official method.

The problem is that I have previously triggered it by a pressing a special key on my mouse- which triggers a specific keyboard shortcut. Now unfortunately I am unable to tell my mouse software to trigger Win-Tab when I press this key. I imagine this is because the Windows key is a special key which only the OS can recognise, not other programs- am I right in this?

Given this, the only way I can trigger task view via a mouse click is changing the required shortcut. Is this possible? Perhaps via the registry?

Thanks!

mcplums, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut

1. How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut - Similar Threads - change default tab

2. How do i change the default pointer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the default pointer?: I have currently modified how my mouse pointer looks though every time i restart/shutdown this pc the pointer changes to the Microsoft default, I'd had to change the pointer to the one i set every time it starts up, is there a setting to change this or is this non-changeable?...
  3. How do i change the default pointer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change the default pointer?: I have currently modified how my mouse pointer looks though every time i restart/shutdown this pc the pointer changes to the Microsoft default, I'd had to change the pointer to the one i set every time it starts up, is there a setting to change this or is this non-changeable?...
  4. Shortcuts on New Tab hidden by default?

in Browsers and Email
    Shortcuts on New Tab hidden by default?: Hello, I have set Edge Chromium to open a new tab at launch or when clicking the "plus" sign, containing customized shortcuts to websites. Usually these shortcuts are immediately visible but recently I'd have to click the "unfold" arrow to reveal these shortcuts every time I...
  5. Win+tab shortcut doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+tab shortcut doesn't work: Hi everyone, On my windows 10 "win+tab" shortcut doesn't work nor activity visualization button on the windows bar. However, if I create new desktop with ctrl+win+D combination it works. What is the problem? How I can fix it? Thanks, Francesco [Moved from It-It to...
  6. how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut: ive done this a few times and i somehow always forget how to fix it. i somehow pressed some keys that changed my shortcut binding. @ used to be ``alt gr + Q`` and now it is ``shift + 2`` i dont know if it is just 1 button that changes it or a combination of 2 or 3. does...
  7. Changing keyboard default shortcuts

Changing keyboard default shortcuts: Hello everyone I am studying German at the moment, so would like to like change some of the keyboard shortcuts to make typing certain words easier. To explain what I mean: At the moment, if I push control + alt + a, for instance, I get á. I would like to change the...
  8. How do I change a default app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change a default app?: I accidentally did the default of .jar files as "Notepad", when I don't want any default app. How do I set it to no default at all? [ATTACH] When I click on it, this shows:[ATTACH] And when I click "Look for an app in the Store", it doesn't show an option to set no...
  9. How to change default browser to shortcut

How to change default browser to shortcut: Hello, How do I change my default browser to a shortcut? Windows 10 does not let me browse through. I have an airmouse, and every time I press the Home button, if I'm focused on a page (in Firefox) it goes to the default landing page. I can create a shortcut with a command...
  10. How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default): Hello chaps, I love task view (the thing which happens when you Win-Tab). On previous versions of windows I used a 3rd party app to perform a similar function, but now that it is baked into windows I'd like to use the official method. The problem is that I have...