Windows 10: How do I change file history so it backs up D drive NOT C drive?

Discus and support How do I change file history so it backs up D drive NOT C drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The old Windows Backup on the control panel is apparently not meant to be used with Windows 11 and is no longer supported. Big mistake, IMHO. File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomHarrington6, Nov 5, 2022.

1. How do I change file history so it backs up D drive NOT C drive?

The old Windows Backup on the control panel is apparently not meant to be used with Windows 11 and is no longer supported. Big mistake, IMHO. File History ONLY backs up items from the C drive. Another big mistake. My question is this: How do I change File History so it backs up the D drive NOT the C drive? I could do that on Windows 10, but there is NO OPTION to change the drive File History supports on Windows 11. This is a massive problem because my C drive is ONLY for Windows. My D drive is where I have all of my data, and the data is what I want to be backed up. The only "solutions" I've f

:)

TomHarrington6, Nov 5, 2022

2. Can I use Win10 File History to backup my D: Drive

My primary HD is partitioned into two drives, C: and D:. I can use Win File History to backup folders on my C: drive to an external HD but I can not find a way to select the D: drive to run a File History to an external HD. The D: drive is not even listed
    as a drive I can use File History on. Can File History ONLY be used to backup folders from the C: drive?

Mackenrick, Nov 5, 2022
  3. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?

Bill Jackson007, Nov 5, 2022
  4. dch53 Win User

How do I change file history so it backs up D drive NOT C drive?

Can File History backup the contents of drives other than the C:\ drive?

Thanks Greg.

My Data drive, "M:\" is an internal drive, not a USB drive. I'm backing-up to an external 2TB USB drive.

As I said, I've used Windows Backup for many years and never had a problem.

File History seems attractive because it keeps a records of all file versions.

My questions still stand:

1. Can File History backup files on other than the C:\ drive? For example if I add M:\ to the "Backup these folders" list.
    2. Does File History create an initial, full backup of folders listed in "Back up these folders"?
    Regards, Dave.

dch53, Nov 5, 2022
Thema:

How do I change file history so it backs up D drive NOT C drive?

1. How do I change file history so it backs up D drive NOT C drive? - Similar Threads - change file history

2. how do I change back up drive from one drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change back up drive from one drive?: I don't wish to back up to one drive, I wish to use a portable drive. My screen doesn't seem to offer me a choice any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-back-up-drive-from-one-drive/2ad9cb20-d6d6-4cff-8db5-b98f6b633605
  3. how do I change back up drive from one drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change back up drive from one drive?: I don't wish to back up to one drive, I wish to use a portable drive. My screen doesn't seem to offer me a choice any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-back-up-drive-from-one-drive/2ad9cb20-d6d6-4cff-8db5-b98f6b633605
  4. how do I change back up drive from one drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  6. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  7. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How do I change file history so it backs up D drive NOT C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change file history so it backs up D drive NOT C drive?: The old Windows Backup on the control panel is apparently not meant to be used with Windows 11 and is no longer supported. Big mistake, IMHO. File History ONLY backs up items from the C drive. Another big mistake. My question is this: How do I change File History so it backs...
  9. Setting Onedrive to back up & sync D drive and files on C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Onedrive to back up & sync D drive and files on C drive: I fear I have bought the wrong product for my needs but I recently purchased "OneDrive for business Plan 1" so I can back up and sync files on my workplace PC and home laptop.However, all I am given the options to back up are "documents", "desktop" and "pictures" - which is...
  10. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...