Windows 10: how do I change file ownership in windows 10. I no longer have a security tab in my file...

Discus and support how do I change file ownership in windows 10. I no longer have a security tab in my file... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to change ownership of multiple files in a directory but no longer have a security tab in the folder properties. How can I change a files owner?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CraigBrown1963, Feb 16, 2019.

1. how do I change file ownership in windows 10. I no longer have a security tab in my file...

I need to change ownership of multiple files in a directory but no longer have a security tab in the folder properties. How can I change a files owner?

:)

CraigBrown1963, Feb 16, 2019
  2. xBruce88x Win User

file permissions/ownership troubles

a while back my main user account got corrupted somehow and the only way to get to my files was to take ownership of them in my other admin account. but now i'm stuck with having to retake ownership of these files every time i try to access it from another computer or user account, which makes sharing multimedia to my xbox 360 impossible. is there a way to just remove all of these permission settings back to normal? its REALLY getting frustrating with the access denied crap, its even interfering with some .msi install files. *Mad how do I change file ownership in windows 10. I no longer have a security tab in my file... :mad:*Cry :cry:

this also puts my new computer build on hold since i need to transfer the files but i'm stuck with the ownership crap

edit: btw its on windows xp pro sp3

xBruce88x, Feb 16, 2019
  3. SAMIR_594 Win User
    Folder and file permissions changed in Windows 10

If you recently upgraded your computer to Windows 8 from an earlier version of Windows, some of your account information may have changed. Therefore, you may no longer have ownership of some files or folders. You
    might be able to resolve this issue by restoring your ownership of the files and folders.

To take ownership of a file or folder, follow these steps:
    • Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap Properties. (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click Check Names.
      Note The account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.

SAMIR_594, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Chris Win User

how do I change file ownership in windows 10. I no longer have a security tab in my file...

How to change ownership of a file in Windows 10

I've had an issue with file ownership before.

Follow this tutorial. It worked like a charm for me.

• Open File Explorer, and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.
    • Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
    • Click the Advanced button. The "Advanced Security Settings" window will appear. Here you need to change the Owner of the key.
      Click the Change link next to the "Owner:" label
    • The Select User or Group window will appear. Select
       the user account via the Advanced button or just type your user account in the area which says 'Enter the object name to select' and click OK.
    • Optionally, to change the owner of all subfolders and files inside the folder, select the check box "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" in the "Advanced Security Settings" window. Click OK to change the ownership.
    • Now you need to provide full access to the file or folder for your account. Right-click the file or folder again, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
    • Click the Add button. The "Permission Entry" window will appear on the screen:
    • Click "Select a principal" and select your account:
    • Set permissions to "Full control":
    • Click OK.

Chris, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

how do I change file ownership in windows 10. I no longer have a security tab in my file...

1. how do I change file ownership in windows 10. I no longer have a security tab in my file... - Similar Threads - change file ownership

2. I can't change file ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change file ownership: Whenever I try to change file ownership for a file it doesn't let me. Changing permissions is also not possible.What I would like to do is change the file permissions, but whenever i do it asks me to provide administrator permission, even though i am the administrator and all...
  3. I can't change file ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change file ownership: Whenever I try to change file ownership for a file it doesn't let me. Changing permissions is also not possible.What I would like to do is change the file permissions, but whenever i do it asks me to provide administrator permission, even though i am the administrator and all...
  4. I can't change file ownership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I get Ownership on this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Ownership on this file: So I am trying to delete this file but the owner on it is SYSTEM. When I go to change the owner and put it to myself it tells me that I need to close and reopen this object's properties before I can view or change permissions....
  6. How do I get Ownership on this file

How do I get Ownership on this file: So I am trying to delete this file but the owner on it is SYSTEM. When I go to change the owner and put it to myself it tells me that I need to close and reopen this object's properties before I can view or change permissions....
  7. I no longer have a Security Tab on my WIFI properties.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I no longer have a Security Tab on my WIFI properties.: When I went to identify the current WIFI password for my connection, I was not able to find it. All of the google searches tell me to access the security tab under the WIFI properties. WIFI properties no longer gives me the pop up that I have used in the past. What is the new...
  8. Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab: HiI have a recent issue with some files in one folder on an external hard drive.The files in question are PDFs that are resources downloaded as part on an online course. They were downloaded, opened in Adobe Reader, and then saved into an existing folder on the hard drive. I...
  9. Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab: HiI have a recent issue with some files in one folder on an external hard drive.The files in question are PDFs that are resources downloaded as part on an online course. They were downloaded, opened in Adobe Reader, and then saved into an existing folder on the hard drive. I...
  10. Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change folde rownership windows 10

2. change file ownership windows 10

3. file ownership

4. how to change folder ownership windows 10,
  5. change file ownership windows,
  6. RETAKE FOLDER OWNERSHIP WINDOWS 10,
  7. having file ownership troubles with windows 10